Phone sales and converting a potential customer

sonyawiprud
sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
What is the best way to convert a customer who thought your special was the 1st month free? I have overheard my assistant explain that it's our 2nd month that is free and only on select units, to that the customer hangs up. I don't usually have this problem, because I start talking up the customer and the facility and get them to commit to coming in and seeing it first. I just need a good tool to share with my staff on how to stop the customer from hanging up. What are some of the ways you have converted?

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your assistant qualifying their needs, going over features and benefits of the facility, establishing a connection with the customer BEFORE giving price/special? 
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    He answers the call and they say "I get the first month free right?" he says no and they say Ok thanks, and hang up, so yes I agree that he needs to stop and assess the call. I just need to make it  more clear than the annual class he is in that gives us the tools needed to convert.
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    @sonyawiprud I'm honest about it (at least according to customers), and tell them that when someone says first month free, they are usually not including things like Administration fees, Lock fees, etcetera, and tell them we don't have those. (My company does free locks and no admin fees) Then I follow it up with whatever special I feel like offering. Second month free, First two weeks free and the like. This usually works pretty well for netting customers, especially if I've had a chance to commiserate with them about their move/circumstance. 

To be fair though, it's pretty hard to save the call if they open asking about the first month rent free. That generally means they either have money issues, or they're dead set on what they think is a month of free storage
  • Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Do you all pro rate for the current month? If so, promote that aspect of renting right then. If not, ask them what size they need and if it qualifies for the special, promote that special.  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads