Reservation timeframes via website

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
This may of been discussed before but I didn't see it with a quick look over the forums. With our website we want to allow customers to reserve units online for up to 7 days away form the current date. We thought we had this setting done as our reservation window is 7 days but we soon realized people can still reserve ANY date and THEN it holds it for 7 days from that date. How can we set it so they can only pick a date within the next 7 days to reserve a unit for?

Comments

• BlacksburgSS
    BlacksburgSS Registered User ✭✭
    We have this same issue and have addressed it with sitelink tech support multiple times. Being near a major college we have students reserving spaces 3/4 months ahead of time even though it states 14 day hold period. Sitelink actually sends the customer who reserved an automatic message stating the unit will be held for the date they picked??? That's a bad look for us storage sites when we have no spaces and i'm shown an email stating the unit will be held for that date. You can change the "honored" date which holds it for x days after the reservation date but that doesn't solve the issue...
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is set at 7 days, and they can only reserve up to 7 days out.  It even has this disclaimer on the page:  ** For rentals with move-in dates beyond xx-xx-2019 (that date), please call our office at xxx-xxx-xxxx.  **   

I wonder why it works for some locations and not all???
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Mine is set at 7 days, and they can only reserve up to 7 days out.  It even has this disclaimer on the page:  ** For rentals with move-in dates beyond xx-xx-2019 (that date), please call our office at xxx-xxx-xxxx.  **   

I wonder why it works for some locations and not all???

I played around with mine last time this came up a couple of months ago.  I could make a reservation months in advance and mine is set for two days.  The confirmation email states reservations are held for 2 days. 

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Wow!  This is what we get, and you cannot manually change the date, you may only select one of the highlighted dates.

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Maybe your web team set up a reservation page for you that's custom? Ours is plain jane sitelink versions.
  • MamaDuke7
    Orkocean said:
    Maybe your web team set up a reservation page for you that's custom? Ours is plain jane sitelink versions.
    For reservations, we are just linked to the Sitelink default.  I have looked at other facilities that I know use SL, and theirs look the same as mine.
  • Orkocean
    Interesting... now i'm completely confused why it's allowing it lol
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Our company works with SpareFoot and I notice they sometimes reserve months out when our webpage will only allow 2 weeks.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

@MamaDuke7 - Ours is different too. While the page states our "7 day hold" and the page they print out says "only held for 7 days" the screen itself allows a reservation for any number of days/months ahead. We have considered turning the reservation screen off because of it.

I want your reservation screen!

• Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭

@MamaDuke7 - Ours is different too. While the page states our "7 day hold" and the page they print out says "only held for 7 days" the screen itself allows a reservation for any number of days/months ahead. We have considered turning the reservation screen off because of it.

I want your reservation screen!

Ours looks exactly like this one too. 
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Here's Ours.  We use Automatit for our website. 

• dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    The owners had a new website made about a year ago and that could be the difference. By the way I work with Mamaduke.
  • Orkocean
    dbudgen said:
    The owners had a new website made about a year ago and that could be the difference. By the way I work with Mamaduke.
    Well aren't you the lucky one lol :smile:
  • secondarystorage
    secondarystorage Registered User
    @Orkocean Yep! I posted about this back in April. No solution yet. Also since February our sparefoot reservations aren't expiring and both Sitelink & Sparefoot are pointing at eachother for the problem : ) 
  • Faye
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Wow!  This is what we get, and you cannot manually change the date, you may only select one of the highlighted dates.

What website does your facility use? We are having issues with this. I had a reservation made for 3 weeks in advance. Of course it is a very popular size right now.
  • MamaDuke7
    Faye said:
    What website does your facility use? We are having issues with this. I had a reservation made for 3 weeks in advance. Of course it is a very popular size right now.
    Make sure in your setup for reservations you have it set to expire when you want it to.  Mine is at 5 days now.

I use Automatit for my website, but the reservation cutoff is dictated by Sitelink.
  • Faye
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Faye said:
    Make sure in your setup for reservations you have it set to expire when you want it to.  Mine is at 5 days now.

I use Automatit for my website, but the reservation cutoff is dictated by Sitelink.
    Just had 2 conversations with different people at SL, they claim it can't be done.

• MamaDuke7
    Faye said:

Just had 2 conversations with different people at SL, they claim it can't be done.

Then why is it in the setup???  I think they are confused.  And also...see my reservations!!!
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Faye said:

Then why is it in the setup???  I think they are confused.  And also...see my reservations!!!

Pretty sure you have some modification done by Automatit.  We would love to know! 
  • MamaDuke7
    JulieAton said:

Pretty sure you have some modification done by Automatit.  We would love to know! 
    All I can say is that the website follows the rules we have set in Sitelink.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads