Is there anyone who has rented storage containers?

Options
Kate
Kate Registered User
Hi,

Last month we bought a new house in Ontario. We plan to shift by next month. The thing that concerns me is, packing and shifting process. As we have a busy schedule, we decided to pack our valuables step by step. Portable storage containers are necessary for this process. We searched and consulted some storage container suppliers. But they were very expensive.

Last day we approached a
portable storage container provider, which was suggested by one of my friends. They were really friendly and explained their rules in detail. Even they provide the containers at affordable rates. So we plan to take containers from them. Is there anyone who has rented storage containers? Please share some tips.

Thank You!

Comments

• JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    As a rule I don't generally use Storage containers. But if you have to make sure everything is secured in some form for the likely event that the container will need to be moved while full. My chief complaint is for how easy it is damage something because it was not secured when the unit was moved. Most companies don't cover events like that either and file it under "Customer Negligence"
  • Drew_Scadoo
    Drew_Scadoo Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have not used one but have them dropped off at the different locations from time to time and there system to get them off the truck seem to wobble the container and I can't even imagine how much things bounce around during the drive. 
  • iuliubigger
    iuliubigger Registered User
    Options
    I know it’s an old thread, but I just wanted to mention that renting storage units might be a good option, too. Reliable storage unit providers usually offer clean and well-maintained spaces where you can store almost anything because the conditions inside are perfect. There’s no humidity or wetness, and everything stays as it is.
    I rent a storage unit from a local company and keep there all the stuff I don’t need in my house. It’s really convenient because it makes the house less stuffed with unnecessary stuff, and, at the same time, you can retrieve any of the things you store there anytime.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads