SiteLink Certified Professional Training and Development Program

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• blakekhall
    blakekhall Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Have taken the first two programs and feel it is valuable and good training for new and oldtimers like myself to re-learn and review and polish our technic. Tomorrow I'll go to the third session.

• ivymorris55
    ivymorris55 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    edited October 2017
    What would be nice if you send out a manual on your program so we can refresh our memory. That would be really nice for sure. 
  • Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    What would be nice if you send out a manual on your program so we can refresh our memory. That would be really nice for sure. 
    SiteLink Certified acts like a manual - one doesn't have to take the tests and can view the content of any unit to get a refresher.
    Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
      |  Chief Marketing Officer
  • Woody
    Woody Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    I've taken and passed all of the daily operations portion. Even though there are parts we don't use, it was still great refresher. Some of the refund and adjustment functions are only available to a limited number of employees in our company.  Cuts down on large number of errors committed.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been awhile since I've had access to some of the higher up screens since I left my old company but managed to get all 3 done in about 20 minutes or so on a slow Sunday. I kept looking for my favorite question a lot of people seem to not know about, the good ol Control-Shift-T hidden button feature ;)
  • Climateguard
    Climateguard Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Ahh yes, the combine unit feature. I've had to use that several times.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went through all 3 of the modules, and thought they were very well done. It would be nice to have a measurable test for new hires to pass (after a set amount of time working with Sitelink) and have it be scored rather than the "answer till you pass" format.  
  • Chuck_Vion
    Chuck_Vion SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified marketplace moderator
    I went through all 3 of the modules, and thought they were very well done. It would be nice to have a measurable test for new hires to pass (after a set amount of time working with Sitelink) and have it be scored rather than the "answer till you pass" format.  
    Glad it was beneficial @teamcapitola, and thank you for the feedback. We originally designed it the way you request, however once a student fails a Course, the only way their email address can re-enroll was for our team to manually delete their account from the system - which posed a problem if a student passed one Course but failed another - there entire account had to be deleted to retest (re-enroll.) It is a limitation of the framework the system is built within.

We may be able to create additional programs/systems for each Course containing only the question portions of its Course, operating separately for a true testing environment, but I feel that could be confusing and adds an extra layer of maintenance, support and upkeep. We will continue to think through the situation and see what we can do. 

Thanks again for your feedback!
    Chuck Vion
    FineView Marketing
      |  Chief Marketing Officer
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got done taking the courses.  Good refresher.  A lot we don't use in our little company; however, always useful to learn. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SiteLink Certified Professional Training & Development course kicked off in October with great success.

In one month, more than 700 SiteLink users have enrolled in our self-paced, online course – the first of its kind in self-storage!

Ready to get started? Visit training.sitelink.com.
  • Roberta_Gordica
    Roberta_Gordica Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Great course(s) - Enjoyed them all! There was actually some things I did not know lol.  Thank you :smile:
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Completed the courses. Loved learning a few little things I had missed along the way.
  • PhilR
    PhilR Registered User ✭✭
    I've completed all the courses. It was great, learnt a couple of things or different way of doing things that's for sure.
    Phil Rankin
    Site Manager
    Guardian Secure Storage Tauranga
    phil@guardianstorage.co.nz

• vraimondi320
    vraimondi320 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    Completed 2 course, great refresher and learned a few things. Thanks
  • L_Greenwell
    L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Completed all the courses. Great learning experience
  • Jennifer_Blake
    Jennifer_Blake Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    I just started the second course and found what i think is an error on the wording used within the title of the lesson Advanced Operations #5: Edit Rent. Typed in bold font the subtitle shows Prize Optimizer. I believe it should be Price Optimizer, if I'm not mistaken...unless of course there will be a teddy bear handed over afterwards ;) Sorry, I just notice things like this...
  • Sue_C
    Thanks @Jennifer_Blake! I fixed it to read Price Optimizer.
    It would be great if we could give out prizes :)
  • Shawn_Lowry
    Shawn_Lowry Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified

Just finished 1st course GREAT STUFF

• Sue_C
    Looking for something to do over the Thanksgiving Holiday? Why not become a SiteLink Certified Professional!

Plus, now's a good time to get started so you're ready for the 4th module coming soon: SiteLink myHub
  • Twinkle
    Twinkle Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    I have done the first three modules.  When does SiteLink myHub come out? And what will it be covering?
  • Sue_C
    Hello @Twinkle, the myHub course will cover the 3 major sections currently available in SiteLink myHub: Operations, Reports, and eFile Management.

There's no specific launch date yet but it's pretty far along so look for it in January or February, we're just making it perfect for you guys :)
  • Sue_C
    Snowed in at your store? Things a little slow? Now's the perfect time to brush up on your SiteLink skills by taking the SiteLink Certified Professional Course!
  • DeeL
    DeeL Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Completed mine last week and I have learned a lot. I do enjoy learning new experiences.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    When do the "badges" appear next to our names? I completed 3 yesterday and was able to print the certificates
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    I did mine back in May and they still have not showed up.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you put your forum name in for them to link it to? Mine was pretty immediate back when I did them. But I think the community managers have to do it and the community manager back then was a LOT more active on the forums. Anyone remember when they used to have monthly surveys? 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    And you put your forum name in for them to link it to? Mine was pretty immediate back when I did them. But I think the community managers have to do it and the community manager back then was a LOT more active on the forums. Anyone remember when they used to have monthly surveys? 
    I did. My co-worker has completed a few of her's as well and nothing either
  • ESS
    edited August 2019
    @Sue_C or @Ashley_D @Jana_Community @Jessica_Community   - any info on this plz?
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Orkocean Yes, I put my name in, also.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
     Anyone remember when they used to have monthly surveys? 

I really looked forward to those ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ClemenceGinger
    ClemenceGinger Registered User
    That sounds like a great journey of learning and development you're on! 📚💡
  • CilinisStromy
    CilinisStromy Registered User
    edited October 2023
    The journey of continuous learning is such a rewarding one, and it's fantastic that you're taking advantage of training programs like the SiteLink Certified Professional Training and Development Program. These opportunities not only help newcomers but also provide valuable refreshers for those with more experience. I'd also like to share that I've been exploring courses in my own field, and the Comptia Data+ certification caught my eye, too. It seems like a practical way to boost one's knowledge and career prospects. Learning is an ongoing adventure, and it's great to see you embracing it with enthusiasm.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads