Pre-Payment Discounts visible online?

PSC
PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
We offer a pre-payment discount at our facilities. If you pay 11 months in advance, you get the 12th month for free.

Many of my customers pay online. Is there a way the customer can select this discount when paying online? 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.  Any discounts like that must be applied manually.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would advise you put a note on your site advising tenants that want to take advantage of those discounts, to call you before they make said payment so you can add the charges and discount. Or if you know which tenants frequent that kind of discount, make sure it's set up before their renewal comes up.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our tenants who pay a year in advance do so by calling in the payment (and then I can make the payment for them) or send in a check.  They are not making the payment themselves online.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here @i43storage They usually pay with a card on file by calling or come in with a check
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    Our tenants currently pay that over the phone or with a check. I just thought it would be a great attribute to add on the payment screen online. Being how advanced technology is these days, you'd think that would be a possibility. 
  • ESS
    You'd think, huh?! I have a tenant that pays 2 months at a time ahead of time, online and I do her senior discount months at a time. Yet, when she tries to pay online, it shows her amount for 2 months with only a discount for one month. I have to tell her every time to manually enter the correct amount and it will adjust on my screen. After a year of this, she is switching to auto pay to avoid this mess. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you having to manually do her senior discount? Just create a discount for senior that's ongoing/never ending as they aren't going to get younger and lose the discount. Apply it once and it's on for every future charge that occurs. The only time it'll need adjusting is if you do a rental rate increase and don't factor it into the new price.
  • ESS
    I don't have the permissions to set that up, so I get to add the non-expiring discount every time  :|
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooph.. Can you not send an email to the person who does handle that and just simply request it? It's an obvious time saver and less chance of it being forgotten which would annoy a customer. If it was me and I got that email i'd have it changed as soon as I had the moment it takes to do it.
  • dde
    dde Registered User ✭✭

It's so stupid of SiteLink to go to all the trouble of creating a move-in screen and not to allow our guests to select discounts. They have even gone so far as to allow us to designate a discount to the website in the setup. It's the same with promotions. You can set up promotions in SiteLink but you can't offer to your guests online like many other companies do. Sadness!! The only way, after talking to an API developer that do SiteLink customers, is to have said developer create an API for you to place in your website replacing the SiteLink forms.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads