Monthly Headache

storagestation603
storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Opinion
We raised our rent January of this year...sent out letters (and made phone calls) of course November of last year letting all the tenants know.

Tenants calls me up February (after already paying the new price once in January) insisting I was a liar and she was only going to pay her old rate. She then told me I did not have the right to tell her what she has to pay the customer is always right. Also telling me I am attacking her personally with raising her rent.

So being the office manager I explained to her the rent change and what would happen if she didn't pay the full amount. 

She then told me she wanted to speak to the owner, then told me I was making up the Owners name, and she was going to come down to our facility and get this straightened out. Then screamed at me. 

I pulled the phone away from my ear until she was finished.

Told her she was more than welcome to come to the facility and see the Owner but her rent is X amount. She then paid it and has ever since then; arguing me every time she pays....but has never stopped into the facility. 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always love the ones who swear they've never paid the new price yet we have receipts for multiple months where they've paid that amount. Just as fun as the ones who never got their letter about the increase and when we verify their address they tell us "well that's not where I live now" thinking we're automatically going to know they moved. Almost as fun as the lady who was in disbelief when she called in wanting to know why her autopay didn't run, let her know her card was expired and she said "well the bank sent me the new one, didn't they let you know also?"
  • Dallas_Dogger
    Dallas_Dogger Registered Moderator, SiteLink International ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Consider using Texts to confirm changes too. They all move, but most have mobile phones!
    Dallas Dogger
    SiteLink International
    www.sitelinksoftware.com.au
    +61 7 3889 9822
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Dallas_Dogger they may change their phones, too but most rarely change their emails.  Some states recognize a certified email the same as certified postal mail.  Doesn't mean they check it but it is still legally theirs.
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    AKKathie said:
    @Dallas_Dogger they may change their phones, too but most rarely change their emails.  Some states recognize a certified email the same as certified postal mail.  Doesn't mean they check it but it is still legally theirs.
    I love Rmail.  We can send their email, Registered Email with Rmail and it verifies Delivery as well as when they Open the email.  I have had tenants say they didn't get anything. I simply refer to the email I sent them, time it was delivered and time it was opened.  They don't have much to argue with after that.   ;)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads