Sitelink map printing

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else struggle with printing a sitelink map to be the right scale? We will zoom in to where it fills up the screen which we think would fill the page only to have it print and leave half the page blank as it scales differently printing than it shows on screen. It then becomes a tinkerfest of zooming in/out to get it just right. Could it be made to scale even with printing or maybe print options to scale to page etc.? I've noticed this throughout my time in storage so it's not just one particular printer doing it.
Tagged:

Comments

• sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Good question, I too would like to print them out correctly.
  • Kent_S1003
    Kent_S1003 Registered User
    If you use Microsoft Office, try sending the map to One Note, and then printing it out. I use it and it works well.
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    Kent_S1003 makes a great suggestion.

Another option when you print the map is to choose 'Fit to Page' or 'Use full printable area'.
    The option is typically in preferences after clicking print.
    The setting will be located and/or named slightly different depending on the printer make/model.

• storawaystuart
    storawaystuart Registered User
    Hi, I took a screenshot. Copied the screenshot into a Publisher document, cropped the image, then resized image. Printed Fit to Page. Works great!
  • Shelley
    Shelley Registered User ✭✭✭
    I figured out a quick and easy way to do this. First, I set the map to "Simple View" (upper left corner, under "Display" option in the map module); then I go to the "Printer" icon (upper right corner) and when the printer window opens up, I choose "Preferences", and under the "Advanced" tab, go to "Scaling" > "Free", and I choose the percentage that works best for us (it's usually about 130%-135%); I click on "Okay" and then I print the map.  Comes out clean and perfect every time! :)
  • Keith
    Keith Registered User

I'm very new to Site Link so thanks for all these tips.

Does anyone know if I can change the colour of the unit number as the black number is very hard to read in both colour and black & white.

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Keith, unfortunately you can't change the color of the number at this time.

You may want to check out our upcoming webinar on Site Maps to help get you up to speed. James will be able to answer more about customization for your situation.

If you can't make the webinar, register anyway because the day after we'll email all registrants the link to watch it on-demand.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads