"Normal Tfr" Credit generated when transferring customers

This week I noticed something that I hadn't before. I had not seen a credit note that gets issued by site link when transferring from original unit for the rate the customer has been paying historically.

Example:
While moving a customer from unit A, paying $150 on the day the payment is to be taken. As I understand this, there is no payment because the 1-month term has expired (there is nothing owed nor credited to the customer) to Unit B, paying $220.
The Site Link generated a credit note for $150 (described as "normal tfr"), the transfer sheet, a $0 credit on the new unit (described as "Normal payment", this could be the credit for the free month) and the charge notice for the new unit.

As I said, I had not noticed this until this week on 2 transfers.

Can someone explain what is happening because, of course, the amount is showing on the management summary as a credit being given?
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    There isn't enough information to know for sure what's going on.  What does the ledger show for each unit?

If he is transferring "on the day payment is to be taken," there should be rent due on the original unit.  But if they had a free month at move-in for the 2nd month, that would be the reason there is nothing due, because the credit took care of the rent.

So then if they transfer that day, then yes, the free month credit of $150 is then showing on the transfer.

And this has been showing in the notes for a long time.
  • alfredoaps
    alfredoaps Registered User
    Thank you, I see what you are saying, I think. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong:

Because the rent was due on the day that the customer transfers units, SL issues a Transfer adjustment for the full amount of the rental on the unit being moved out of. Therefore remaining on the old unit is $0

Then, as the customer takes possession of the new unit, he pays full price as there are no credits to the units from the old one.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct.
  • alfredoaps
    alfredoaps Registered User
    Thanks so much, understood.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads