Exporting to Quickbooks Premier

Good day,

I got a client that uses sitelink web edition and they want to export there accounting data to quickbooks and also do their invoicing from quickbooks. Has any one done this ? is this even allowed? I have sent sitelink numerous emails this week and even called a few times got no reply at all.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only integration is on the company side of things, nothing for the customer end.  This would be a lot of work for just one customer.  I would just let them know our software doesn't support that option.
  • Trinicloud
    Trinicloud Registered User
    At present they have issues with sitelink and sitelink has not been helpful, that is why they looking to export their data out for billing to have more control over things. this is an upset on things. i am open to suggestions on doing a work around.. i dont mine doing it for this customer at all.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I read this differently than Mamaduke, I'm to understand this is for a self storage business that runs sitelink and not an actual storage customer which is a client of yours so i'm assuming you're a 3rd party management company perhaps? I don't have any quickbooks experience but could this information be something you could export to excel and then convert to quickbooks? Most of sitelink reports can be exported out to excel and they actually show you a lot more info than if you were to just print them out or view in a window.  

Side note, if i'm correct and this is a storage business i'm curious as to why the sitelink invoicing system isn't sufficient for them? I've never ran into any issues using it, even business customers with storage units have never made any complaints about the invoicing they receive. 
  • Trinicloud
    thanks for your reply Orkocean, they have been having numerous issues with sitelink .. ranging from not being able to change the invoice number sequence to match where they are at with their old account system .. to sitelink not replying to their questions they have emailed or attempted to resolve any issues they recently have.

• Trinicloud
    Orkocean said:
    So I read this differently than Mamaduke, I'm to understand this is for a self storage business that runs sitelink and not an actual storage customer which is a client of yours so i'm assuming you're a 3rd party management company perhaps? I don't have any quickbooks experience but could this information be something you could export to excel and then convert to quickbooks? Most of sitelink reports can be exported out to excel and they actually show you a lot more info than if you were to just print them out or view in a window.  

Side note, if i'm correct and this is a storage business i'm curious as to why the sitelink invoicing system isn't sufficient for them? I've never ran into any issues using it, even business customers with storage units have never made any complaints about the invoicing they receive. 
    Tomorrow i will take a look at what information can be exported to excel and see if that can be used as input into quickbooks for customer invoice printing
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    @Trinicloud A response was added to another post regarding invoice sequence. I would love to know more information. It sounds like the only hang up is on the invoice number. Direct message me and we can discuss in more detail the customer needs. 

• VictorJS
    VictorJS Registered User
    We export a file from Sitelink to Quickbooks. The main issue being we must match fields. We actually did this in December, so the process is still fresh. 

It will take about a day of getting everything setup. We hired an accountant that specializes in Quickbooks to facilitate the process. Money well spent in my book as now our bookkeeper is not manually inputting all of our storage location information.
  • Trinicloud
    VictorJS any chance i can see what your chart of accounts look like in sitelink ?
  • Self_Storage_Life
    Self_Storage_Life Registered User ✭✭✭
    VictorJS said:
    We export a file from Sitelink to Quickbooks. The main issue being we must match fields. We actually did this in December, so the process is still fresh. 

It will take about a day of getting everything setup. We hired an accountant that specializes in Quickbooks to facilitate the process. Money well spent in my book as now our bookkeeper is not manually inputting all of our storage location information.
    I am with @Trinicloud.  Any chance you could please share any info?  I print weekly reports and manually enter into Quickbooks.  I have tried to figure this out for years and SiteLink has been no help.  This would be a huge time saver for me as I own 2 separate facilities and run other businesses.
  • Self_Storage_Life
    Self_Storage_Life Registered User ✭✭✭
    VictorJS said:

I am with @Trinicloud.  Any chance you could please share any info?  I print weekly reports and manually enter into Quickbooks.  I have tried to figure this out for years and SiteLink has been no help.  This would be a huge time saver for me as I own 2 separate facilities and run other businesses.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads