Chip Card Reader

Options
BrandonStorage
BrandonStorage Registered User

Just wondering when you will have the chip card reader available for use? The owners are asking me so I am asking you =) PPI says they are waiting on you.

Michael Will

Resident Manager

Brandon St Mini Storage

www.brandonstreetstorage.com

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey @BrandonStorage, we get this question quite a bit! SiteLink's in-house payment solution for EMV is currently in certification and is expected to release soon.
    I know it's hard to wait, but when it's ready it's going to be terrific :)  We'll announce to all of our SiteLink Merchant Service customers at the right time. Hang in there, and thanks for asking!
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @BrandonStorage, looks like I misunderstood your question. Here's the more complete answer, and sorry for any confusion!

SiteLink is not holding PPI up from writing their own EMV solution, and they should be able to deploy an EMV solution with Sitelink. Don't hesitate to let us know if you're still having issues!
  • john
    john Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Any update on the questions about using chip readers from SiteLink? The last question was from 2017!
  • AdditionalAttic
    AdditionalAttic Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    john said:
    Any update on the questions about using chip readers from SiteLink? The last question was from 2017!
    And now its May 2021 and we STILL don't have an answer
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @storable_support - any insight?
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    john said:
    And now its May 2021 and we STILL don't have an answer
    Sitelink has absolutely fallen apart since they were bought by Storable
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just wanted to update y'all that chip readers should be ready by late Q2 of this year -- I'll be sure to follow up here when they are. Thank you! ~Amy C.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just wanted to update y'all that chip readers should be ready by late Q2 of this year -- I'll be sure to follow up here when they are. Thank you! ~Amy C.
    @storable_support
    We're in late Q3, any updates?
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi @teesee150- we have hit a few snags on this feature and are working hard to get things fixed before a launch. I'll let you know as soon as things are worked out and we are getting ready to launch. -Lyndsey H
  • AdditionalAttic
    Options
    Hi @teesee150- we have hit a few snags on this feature and are working hard to get things fixed before a launch. I'll let you know as soon as things are worked out and we are getting ready to launch. -Lyndsey H
    Now we are beginning the end of the 4th Qtr......... What is REALLY going on??
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • AdditionalAttic
    Options
    29 Memes That Might Make You Laugh If Youve Waited for Test Results
  • AdditionalAttic
    Options
    UPDATE: So I was just talking to Storable Merchant Services for another issue --(return/refund function is broken - fix not coming out until 12/12/22) and inquired about the chip card reader. She said they are already made and in the warehouse. It will also accept Apple Pay and Mobile Pay. Just finishing up procedures and will then train tech support and should release in Jan?  I told her I am not holding my breath LOL.......but it would be nice!
  • AdditionalAttic
    Options
  • storable_support
    Options
    @AdditionalAttic - To be candid, we are still in testing stages. Unfortunately we have run into multiple snags along the way and at this time, we are only offering terminal devices to a limited number of users in order to test the end-to-end experience. Terminals are not yet available for general release and I don’t have a timeframe for when they will be. I know that this is frustrating and I apologize for the run around on this. -Lyndsey H
  • springfield39
    springfield39 Registered User
    Options
    Just curious what the current status on a working chip reader is? We are being held liable for fraudulent charges/disputed charges that were valid because we do not have a chip reader and banks are seeing that and not even giving us a chance to rebuttal.  
  • DDP3
    DDP3 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @storable_support its been 6 years since you told us to "hang in there" for the release..... Could you please provide us with an accurate date/explanation on what is going on? I am constantly getting asked why we are incapable of having one, and at this point its just embarrassing that we don't.

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ddepriest said:
    @storable_support its been 6 years since you told us to "hang in there" for the release..... Could you please provide us with an accurate date/explanation on what is going on? I am constantly getting asked why we are incapable of having one, and at this point its just embarrassing that we don't.

They're probably still in the "testing stages". It's crazy how you can get a portable chip reader that is secure/safe to use, but a company like SiteLink can't get it together to roll one out. I've given up all hope on them and doubt they're even working on getting them for us. I will reference this until I'm blue in the face, but...they can't get operators requests/suggestions handled, but at least we've got the Receipt Audit function LOL. All of the "updates" and "see what's new" are just bug fixes at this point.
  • AdditionalAttic
    Options
  • Nick
    Nick Registered User
    Options
    Any update on this??? Its about to be 2024...
  • Jvaldez
    Jvaldez Registered User
    Options
    I've had my chip reader working for about 3 months. It works, sort of. 
    I have to make sure it is restarted every day. 
    I will not use it in a move in because it will back you up all the way out and you have to restart the move-in. 
    It won't show up on myhub right away but the sale is there. 

I had the chip reader on hand for over six months and had forgot about it because it wouldn't sync with system. One day, on a whim I tried it and a sell went through. 

It still needs some fine tuning but it's working. Meanwhile my employees are still nervous about using it.

• AdditionalAttic
    Options
    Jvaldez said:
    I've had my chip reader working for about 3 months. It works, sort of. 
    I have to make sure it is restarted every day. 
    I will not use it in a move in because it will back you up all the way out and you have to restart the move-in. 
    It won't show up on myhub right away but the sale is there. 

I had the chip reader on hand for over six months and had forgot about it because it wouldn't sync with system. One day, on a whim I tried it and a sell went through. 

It still needs some fine tuning but it's working. Meanwhile my employees are still nervous about using it.

What brand chip reader did you get? Does it also do tap/apple & google pay?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads