Gate Access not updating Remotely

JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
Move Ins and Move Outs are not updating from my laptop.  Worked fine before.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have a computer on-site connected to the gate with Sitelink open?  It doesn't have to be signed in, but it has to be open and the gate program has to be open so they can talk to each other.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Do you still have a computer on-site connected to the gate with Sitelink open?  It doesn't have to be signed in, but it has to be open and the gate program has to be open so they can talk to each other.
    It's amazing how many times i've been called to go to sites to "fix" their gates and this is the cause. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that call, too. Especially after Sitelink updates or power outages.
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Happens here, too. After Sitelink update I always launch a live update, then have to restart computer. Seems to always happen on scheduled moves ins where lease, payment etc done days before move in date - even with Stor-Logix left open.
  • JulieAton
    All the necessary programs are open

• Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I just upgraded my gate software to Sentinel Platinum and I am having the same issue :/
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, @JulieAton and @Robyn, You have one computer physically connected to the gate controller, it has the gate software open, logged in (if necessary) and running, and has Sitelink Web Edition logged in and running? 

On the gate computer, in Sitelink, click Setup, Gate Setup, and see if the check box "Update the gate for remote transactions" is on. It should be on for ONLY the computer connected to the gates.

For Robyn, While in that same screen, click "Select Gate" and make sure the appropriate Sentinel Winsen Platinum is selected.

Once everything looks good in this screen, I usually click the Update Gate, All Tenants button and watch the gate control programs status window to see that it is working.
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion @themage , I just tried and when I go to Update Gate, it says failed :/ I am still waiting on Sentinel to return my call, as we have recently upgraded and it doesn't come with a users manual....weird. 
  • JulieAton
    themage said:
    Just to confirm, @JulieAton and @Robyn, You have one computer physically connected to the gate controller, it has the gate software open, logged in (if necessary) and running, and has Sitelink Web Edition logged in and running? 

On the gate computer, in Sitelink, click Setup, Gate Setup, and see if the check box "Update the gate for remote transactions" is on. It should be on for ONLY the computer connected to the gates.

For Robyn, While in that same screen, click "Select Gate" and make sure the appropriate Sentinel Winsen Platinum is selected.

Once everything looks good in this screen, I usually click the Update Gate, All Tenants button and watch the gate control programs status window to see that it is working.

I was told that Sitelink only had to be open not necessarily logged in??????  Update all tenants from my main computer didn't even work.  Several calls to SL and also Sentinel.  It is working now for some reason even though none of the support techs saw anything wrong. 

• JulieAton
    Robyn said:
    Thank you for the suggestion @themage , I just tried and when I go to Update Gate, it says failed :/ I am still waiting on Sentinel to return my call, as we have recently upgraded and it doesn't come with a users manual....weird. 

Most all Sentinel Instructions/Manuals are available to download on their website/  Good luck!

• themage
    At least for me, Sitelink wont do the gate updates unless it has been logged in at least once since startup. If it times out back to the login screen, it keeps working, though.
  • cfrazier
    cfrazier Registered User
    Mine has never been able to update remotely, I have checked all settings suggested and it still doesn't if I move in from myhub or on our kiosk. 
  • JulieAton
    themage said:
    At least for me, Sitelink wont do the gate updates unless it has been logged in at least once since startup. If it times out back to the login screen, it keeps working, though.

I work remotely and it always updates even if not logged into. It can time out but as long as the login screen is open it almost always works! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads