New PC (Windows 10) issue

Sitelink couldnt help me.

I purchased a new pc and sitelink wont run on it. 

I get an error that says it failed to sync with local database.

Sitelink tried for two days and couldnt get it to work.

This is the PC we use for our gate program.

It seems to be blocking SL from running.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Not sure if its related, but we had a problem with the Stor Logix on new one. Had to disable the windows firewall and use different one.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some problems getting Sitelink to run on one of our computers, similar issue... trying to remember exactly...

Somehow I had remnants of a Sitelink database already on the system, and the Sitelink installer couldn't set up the new database over the old one.

I had to completely remove any trace of Sitelink (in my case that meant a complete, clean re-install of windows), make sure firewall and malware detection aren't causing problems. and re-install Sitelink (as administrator, though it should do that automatically) before adding the other programs. This was our gate computer, too.

Do you know what the logs say about the failure?

You could also manually delete the files in c:\Program Files(x86)\SiteLink Web Edition\DB\ and then try running Live Update. I don't recommend this to anyone unless Sitelink wont start at all due to a database issue.

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    My laptop at home has windows 10, I have to right click and run as administrator for SiteLink to open.  
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I had same problem with running on a Surface Tablet running Windows 10 (as Anitajohnson1269) also solved by running the program as admin.

The other problem I've seen in the forums (with Win 10) has to do with Microsoft .NET software... heres the forum thread:

https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2498/upgrade-required-message-after-todays-required-automatic-live-update

Worth a read (was originally posted as "Upgrade Required message After today's required Automatic Live Update" in Sitelink Forums

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten about the .NET update.

As for having to right click Sitelink and run as administrator:

Right click it, select properties. Select the "compatibility" tab. Check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator". Hit ok.

You shouldn't have to right click it anymore.
  • Discoman85
    Discoman85 Registered User
    Same issue even with a new PC. I thought maybe it was because it was a refurbish PC but not the case. Same error. After login screen, SL tries to start up then "Failure to sync with database error"
  • themage
    Oh, one more thing that can cause the Database issue when trying to install Sitelink: Make sure you aren't using an older installer. I tried using the installer from one of our backups once upon a time ago and it caused problems very much like that. Once again, had to purge everything related to the old database and install from a freshly downloaded installer.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads