Updating credit card info

Pat
Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
Had to update an expiration date on an auto charge.  When I entered the new date, it erased the CC number necessitating a call back to tenant. Alot of extra steps just to put in a new date with card number being same.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you had to do is go into Ledger settings>Edit under Autobill and change the expiration date. It's never erased the CC info in my years doing this.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    If it does that in the future, cancel out without saving. I've accidentally done that before. Just make sure you click on the date first, or it will automatically choose the card # in the Ledger settings.
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    When I go into ledger settings it says "Temporarily Unavailable - go to Credit Card button in Tenants page. So can no longer do anything in the ledger settings. Been like this since update over a week ago.
  • Pat
    I did click on the date first and only but it still cleared out the CC number.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's odd! This new update is causing quite a few strange changes to SL!
  • Pat
    Even entering a new auto pay - had to go to tenants listing. Called Site Link - yes, this is something they are aware of and working on, no estimated time of it being fixed. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Pat for letting us know what Sitelink said.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I also called SL.
  • Faye
    This is the response I just received from Site Link.

"The issue you have seen with the system deleting the credit card information out when updating any aspect of it, is purposeful.

I have been informed that the system has been set up with a secure tokenization which locks the card information away so that it does not have to be stored on your computer. As such, whenever you go in to update the credit card information, you must reenter the information fully to confirm it.

This may change in the future, but is working as designed as of now.

Thank you,

Walter | Storable Support"
  • ESS
    Faye said:

"The issue you have seen with the system deleting the credit card information out when updating any aspect of it, is purposeful.

I have been informed that the system has been set up with a secure tokenization which locks the card information away so that it does not have to be stored on your computer. As such, whenever you go in to update the credit card information, you must reenter the information fully to confirm it.

Thank you,

Well that just doesn't seem true.... I update expiration dates all the time, including today and don't have this issue.
  • Faye
    ESS said:
    Faye said:

Thank you,

Well that just doesn't seem true.... I update expiration dates all the time, including today and don't have this issue.
    Are you using Storable as your credit card processor?
  • ESS
    Faye said:
    Are you using Storable as your credit card processor?
    We use Paya/Sage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ESS I would imagine this must be specific to the setup for Storable payment processing.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads