Tenant Auto-pay List

Is there a way to create a separate list of just "Auto-Pay" tenants so I can more easily check their status? Some have been put on auto pay by mistake and the idea of looking at each and every tenant will be daunting.
Tagged:

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reports>Credit Card Roll>sort & filter how you'd like>OK
  • WorkHard
    WorkHard Registered User
    Thank You. ;-}
  • ChristinW
    ChristinW Registered User
    Is there any way for us to find out quickly if the folks on the credit card roll have a signed/completed automatic payment form?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're using manual forms that are printed out and signed then you would need to do a file audit and check.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Ork stated, you'll need to audit the tenant's files. Also, what we do here when a tenant only places a card on file so they can call us to process it, on the front notes screen we make a note "CC on file" along with the CVV code.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    Like Ork stated, you'll need to audit the tenant's files. Also, what we do here when a tenant only places a card on file so they can call us to process it, on the front notes screen we make a note "CC on file" along with the CVV code.
    PCI compliance says we cannot keep a CVV code on file.
  • ESS
    edited August 2020
    MamaDuke7 said:
    PCI compliance says we cannot keep a CVV code on file.
    I don't believe we are PCI compliant. If we are, Sage/Paya did all the work.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCI is the laws governing what we can do as a business that takes cards.  Not just chip readers.
  • ESS
    MamaDuke7 said:
    PCI is the laws governing what we can do as a business that takes cards.  Not just chip readers.
    That's why I edited my comment. Can you please explain what it means to be compliant and if it is mandatory? I just know we were told to use CVV codes when available to better avoid charge-backs and to basically cover our butts.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Card-on-file transactions do not need the CVV code and will process fine without it. 
    Your agreement with your credit card processor requires a certain degree of PCI compliance, including that you are not saving CVV codes after a transaction. The whole purpose of the CVV code is verifying that the person actually has the original card in their hand.

I have been trying to get those who have been here longer than I to stop recording the CVV, and deleting it when I do find it.
  • ESS
    @themage Thank you for explaining it to me! I had no idea about this!
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    We keep cards on file but no CVV #'s on file.  Like themage stated, you can still run the cards without them.  Basically when you enter the CVV the customer has a harder time denying the charge.  On our autopay form it does ask for the CVV # , once we entered it into the system, we blacken it out with a sharpie.  Also on our autopay authorization form, we have the option on there for the tenant to select to keep card on file only to run each month with permission by the tenant, via phone call from tenant giving permission to run card on file for the month's rent.  This kind of helps with the tenant that wants us to store their card info but not for autopay having them sign it helps with them later on down the line from saying they never authorized us to run the card.  If doing a phone a regular phone payment for a tenant using a card we did not store in the software, we always ask for the CVV code so they can not dispute the charge.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads