PCI Compliance

SanSabaSongbird
SanSabaSongbird Registered User ✭✭
Is anyone overwhelmed by the PCI Compliance application besides me?  There are 256 questions in one category and a bunch of IT questions I know nothing about.  Is there an IT professional who can help me?  I am really struggling with this PCI thing.

Comments

• Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone overwhelmed by the PCI Compliance application besides me?  There are 256 questions in one category and a bunch of IT questions I know nothing about.  Is there an IT professional who can help me?  I am really struggling with this PCI thing.
    We are not compliant, the owners do not see the need.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    To truly be compliant, if you are not a techy person you're gonna have to bring someone in. With my national company they sent the in house IT guy around the country to over 100 sites to ensure everything was correctly hooked up.

Or you can go the route of my last company and just "fudge" the answers to get a passing score :neutral:
  • SanSabaSongbird
    SanSabaSongbird Registered User ✭✭
    One section had 256 questions ..... that's a lot of fudge!
  • mattc
    mattc Registered User
    YES, IT IS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO UNDERSTAND AND PROVIDE. THEY DO NOT MAKE IT EASY. 

YOUR CHOICES ARE: BRING IN I.T. STAFF, FUDGE ANSWERS OR PAY THE ($19.95?) FEE IN SITELINK FOR BEING NON-COMPLIANT...

*WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BETTER OPTION HERE IN SITELINK MERCHANT SERVICES-IF THEY ARE LISTENING...
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    We hear you loud and clear. PCI Compliance can be long and tedious. Unfortunately the merchant provider does not make the rules so it is something we all have to follow.  SiteLink Merchant Support(merchantsupport@sitelink.com) can assist you getting started with some of the basic questions regarding SiteLink product on the questionnaire. However other questions regarding your network and pc scans should be answered by an IT professional. Please reach out to SiteLink Merchant Support to get you on the right path and avoid the monthly non-compliance fee in the future.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    My, my @Eric_Lewis  - you certainly have been busy typing lately.   B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    My, my @Eric_Lewis  - you certainly have been busy typing lately.   B)
    Hopefully the information has been helpful. Looking forward to assisting everyone as questions arise.
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭

Have any of you gone to total online payments(you do not take any CC from your tenants) to be PCI complaint to avoid some of the headache? How do you handle move ins without taking the CC at office?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShedStuff said:

Have any of you gone to total online payments(you do not take any CC from your tenants) to be PCI complaint to avoid some of the headache? How do you handle move ins without taking the CC at office?
    I know at this location that simply would never work.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to handle some of the PCI headache by only entering the data directly into sitelink - not using any "swipe" machine of any kind - not writing down anything.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    mattc said:
    YES, IT IS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO UNDERSTAND AND PROVIDE. THEY DO NOT MAKE IT EASY. 

YOUR CHOICES ARE: BRING IN I.T. STAFF, FUDGE ANSWERS OR PAY THE ($19.95?) FEE IN SITELINK FOR BEING NON-COMPLIANT...

*WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BETTER OPTION HERE IN SITELINK MERCHANT SERVICES-IF THEY ARE LISTENING...
    We switched to SBOA merchant services. Fully supported by Sitelink and none of the PCI headaches and we are saving a few hundred per month in fees.
  • CoffeeZilla
    CoffeeZilla Registered User ✭✭✭
    teesee150 said:
    We switched to SBOA merchant services. Fully supported by Sitelink and none of the PCI headaches and we are saving a few hundred per month in fees.
    Has anyone else used SBOA? I'd like to hear more opinions on it.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    teesee150 said:
    Has anyone else used SBOA? I'd like to hear more opinions on it.
    We use SBOA, as well. Overall I like it. Sometimes there are errors like double charges but that's been few and far between; It's happened 3 times that I can think of within the 3 years I've been with my company
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    **duplicate, please ignore**

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads