PTI Security Systems Very Poor Customer Support - PTI Rep Please Respond

rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
I have been in customer service for over 55 years both in my military and civilian careers.  From my experience over the past four days trying to reach PTI Customer Service I would rate their response capability below zero.  Due to lighting we have lost both our gate controllers (fried circuit boards) leaving gates to be manually operated at closing 11PM and opening at 7 AM.  The rest of the day the gates are wide open.  Multiple calls to their 800 number provides a circular route between mail boxes all of which are full. Phone calls and emails are not returned.  Totally dissatisfied and looking for a replacement company for all our sites.

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Converting to a new access control system can be a headache, but we switched to Sentinel Systems (http://winsen.com/). Depending on what you want your system to be able to do, there may be better solutions. I haven't had to call Sentinel support recently, but I have always had a fast response when I did call.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    We had the same thing happen.  Sent in a ticket and it took a week to get a response.  Our gate tech company pays extra to PTI for priority and it was still the next day before he got a reply.  
    Thanks to @themage we were able to set our keypads to accept any code (with the right sequence) so that it at least appeared to be working to tenants and avoided the temptation of passers by to just drive onto our facility. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your service @rmason
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • CherryStorage
    CherryStorage Registered User
    My gates didnt work for serveral weeks... the first callback i got from PTI .. they worked for a day. I reopened the ticket... after no response for almost 3 weeks.. I looked on the PTI website for regional sales rep ( you get through almost immediately imagine that)  and he was able to expedite a tech support callback within a day! 
  • opss
    opss Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yes I went to easycode and originally it was suppose to text and email individual door activity to the client the engineering department said none of that part of easy code was working
  • opss
    opss Registered User ✭✭✭
    does anyone know of a system that texts the tenant.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    opss said:
    does anyone know of a system that texts the tenant.
    Sitelink offers texting within the program.  If you go to Setup you'll see it in the far right column.  There are 3 companies you can choose from.  Just look into them to see which one works best for you.
  • prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Reach out to Gene Klemens with sms gateway resources. It’s easy and cheap. We use them for text messages in SiteLink. They can be set up to record in notes both the message you send the tenant and the tenants response. Great way to cut down late tenants.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I wanted to make sure that everyone on this thread knows we’ll be launching Storable Access Control fully embedded into SiteLink Software this coming January! Additionally, we're able to save you time through a single support team with expert knowledge to help troubleshoot any issues across the Storable Platform. The average wait-time for a client needing phone support from us is just under one minute. We're confident that with Storable Access Control your facilities will be more secure and run more smoothly than ever before! You can learn more here. ~Amy C.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, again. I'm happy to announce that Access Control for SiteLink is HERE! 
    Please see this post for more details :) ~Amy C.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads