Sitelink question

storagegirl63383
storagegirl63383 Registered User
Hello everyone,  we have 6 locations, is there a way to make a pop up note in each of our systems so that if someone was auctioned off at location 1, that they are not able to rent at location 3?  Just had that happen today at 2 of our stores, lady moved into 3 and wanted move in truck which is at 1, when she called 1 to make sure it was available, he told her that this lady had been auctioned in the past. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @storagegirl63383, right now there is currently not a system in place to be notified about a tenant that is renting from another location.

Great ideas from our customers is what keeps us growing, so don't hesitate to submit a feature request through Tech Support 919-865-0789 (option 2) or via email at support@sitelink.com.

There also may be another type of solution for this issue. Thoughts anyone?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you have quite a few stores in close proximity to each other I would say this is probably not a common occurrence for most. When we had stores close enough that something like this could be a issue we didn't really make a big deal over it unless it was someone who really did us wrong such as abandoned a unit of horrible leftovers/food etc.. If we did have someone we 100% did not want at any of our stores we would just send an email to the stores in that area advising them of the name and it's up to the managers to hopefully pay attention to.

Something we never implemented but I could see as a way to possibly handle what you're asking for would be to use the inquiries & reservations screen for all move ins. It'd be tedious depending on how often/many auctions you do but your stores could share there list with the other sites of who they have auctioned and you could then have to go in and put these people as inquiries so they show in your database with whatever notes you wanted to say what their issue was. It'd be a pain and slow the move in process down a tad to check every time but it "could" be a way to track what you're looking for until a better solution comes up.

• DerekBrett
    DerekBrett Registered User ✭✭✭
    Keep a " do not rent to " list and update it between facilities
  • Iamkathleen
    Iamkathleen Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    We only have 1 facility but have lots of repeat customers.  Some I would prefer not to have here because of auctions, past due bills or some sort of "trouble". I do wish there was a way to have a pop up when inputting a name so that it makes me aware.  Sometimes I forget to check old tenants and even though I do try to add to the Do Not Rent list sometimes I get busy & forget.  :( 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads