Summer Reading List

Sue_C
Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Hobbies and DIY
Remember summer reading lists from school? I'm not going to assign anything :) but even if you can't get to the beach, maybe you'll spend some downtime with a book. Any good reads out there?

Comments

• storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Any book by Ellen Hopkins or Nicholas Sparks. Favorite by far from Nicholas Sparks though, is The Choice. The Shinning by Stephen King. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. 

Just to name a few...
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    storagestation603, thanks for posting! It was getting lonely over here in book country, I'm glad someone else likes to read too :)
    The Girl on the Train is definitely on my list. I just finished Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult—excellent book, I highly recommend it.
  • Ron
    Ron Registered User ✭✭✭
    I am going old school this summer with real books. Just finished the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. Now on the Douglas Adams series, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the end of the Universe, Life the universe and everything and The long Dark Tea-time of the Soul. :)  Also have been spending a lot of time on the free books from Amazon Prime.
  • moreno1957
    moreno1957 Registered User
    The old man by Thomas Perry.
  • Twinkle
    Twinkle Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Our local library has a summer reading program for adults with awards as you read. Like a free small pizza from Round Table, or ice cream.
  • Sue_C
    @moreno1957 thanks for posting, looks like a good one.
  • Sue_C
    @Twinkle, that sounds like my kind of library!
  • David_McCormack
    David_McCormack SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I just picked up Gary Kasparov's "Deep Thinking":  It's much less blow by blow details  &  chess, and more about the history & future of machine learning than expected.  So far it's been a good read:

https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Thinking-Machine-Intelligence-Creativity/dp/161039786X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497542909&sr=8-1&keywords=gary+kasparov+deep+thinking  

David McCormack

SiteLink Software | Director of Sales
    919-865-0789 opt1 | Contact Sales 

• Sue_C
    Amazon's "Best of 2017 (so far)" list looks interesting, check it out.
  • Sue_C
    And if you want to review marketing strategies while on vacation, pick something from this list from LinkedIn.
  • RCGoodyear
    RCGoodyear Registered User
    Red Queen is a great series, The Vault of Dreamers is also extremely good. Not sure what your Favorite Genres are but both series are fantastic.
  • Sue_C
    I've started re-reading some classics, just finished the Lord of the Rings again, 4th time...never gets old :) Anyone else like to re-read their favorites?
  • khise
    khise Registered User ✭✭✭
    I love John Le Carre. I've re-read Smiley's People so many times, the paperback is falling apart. Revisiting favorite characters is like seeing old friends again. And yes Sue! LOTR never gets old. 
  • Aretta
    Aretta Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    It is good to know that I am not the only book lover out here.
  • Hndempsey
    Hndempsey Registered User
    I love Ellen Hopkins!!
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Re-reading the Lee Child series of Jack Reacher books....in my mind, after reading these.....I AM A NINJA!!!!
  • Sue_C
    Just finished a non-fiction book called The Power of Off...all about how turning off your screens/devices once in a while can be nice and surprisingly relaxing :)
Was that you laughing?
Go ahead and LOL a post. Reactions are a fun and easy way to express your feelings!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads