Recording/reporting of auctioned units

col7121
col7121 Registered User
Couple of questions please....On the Mgmt Summary Report, there is line item "Auctions", but it always shows as "zero" even though we do sell units at auction. We do not vacate these units any differently in SL than regular move outs. Why is this here, and is there a way to record payments from the buyer/bidder (other than typing "auction" in the memo while taking the payment, which is what I do, so I have more official record) and move the unit out of SL indicating it was done so via an auction? With the previous software we used, if I'm remembering correctly, auctioned units were processed differently, and the actions (payment/move out) were categorized and recorded accordingly within the system, so there was a way to keep track of specifically "auctioned" units - and it was more clear on the tenant's ledger history. The way it's currently done, if you were to just look at an account ledger, there would be no way of knowing if the unit was paid for and vacated by the tenant, or if it was auctioned off. On the Move In/Out report, it shows the number of auctioned units, but again, how does the system know if it was truly auctioned, and not simply paid off by the tenant? Hope this makes sense - it's been a long day, lol! Thanks for any assistance!   

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the how to record the unit as an auction portion. You have to have an action set up in your past due events. We had "auctioned the unit" which we would process in the reminders to flag every account that just went through the sale to be listed as an auctioned unit on the management summary. As far as recording payments as such i'm not sure if there is a separate way to notate it being a auction payment but typically it has the auction sales tax on the receipt unless they're tax exempt and is dated the day of the auction.
  • col7121
    col7121 Registered User
    Oh, we don't have that "auctioned the unit" in our reminders. Only to schedule it. Thanks!
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Hi @col7121,

@Orkocean is correct, there is a separate event that is used to show a unit as being auctioned. This can be found in your Past Due Schedule, and by default it is named Auction. Processing the Schedule Auction event will prompt the user to pick a date for the Auction. If the Auction event is in use, the unit will appear in your reminders on the selected day. Once this event is processed, SiteLink will show the unit as auctioned. 

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi @col7121,

@Orkocean is correct, there is a separate event that is used to show a unit as being auctioned. This can be found in your Past Due Schedule, and by default it is named Auction. Processing the Schedule Auction event will prompt the user to pick a date for the Auction. If the Auction event is in use, the unit will appear in your reminders on the selected day. Once this event is processed, SiteLink will show the unit as auctioned. 

Orkocean said:
    To answer the how to record the unit as an auction portion. You have to have an action set up in your past due events. We had "auctioned the unit" which we would process in the reminders to flag every account that just went through the sale to be listed as an auctioned unit on the management summary. As far as recording payments as such i'm not sure if there is a separate way to notate it being a auction payment but typically it has the auction sales tax on the receipt unless they're tax exempt and is dated the day of the auction.

• khemnis
    khemnis Registered User ✭✭✭
    This question is an excellent one, but the answer is clear as mud.  I guess I'm just going to have to wait until the next auction to see if I can walk through the process.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @khemnis, Garrett added some clarification to Orkocean's answer, see above, maybe that will help. Let me know if it's not working for you and we'll take a closer look.
  • Max
    Max Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    I have added under Merchandise "Auction Unit" with a 0.00 cost. When the buyer comes in to pay I add the amount and sales tax if applicable. When I print my manager report it shows up how much money I took in for Auctions. 
  • khemnis
    khemnis Registered User ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys.  I saw the clarification, but sometimes I just have to walk through the steps and read it a few times.  We've got an auction coming up and I'm definitely going to look back and re-read this thread.
  • David_McCormack
    David_McCormack SiteLink Employee, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    khemnis Be sure to call tech support if you have any questions, our average hold time is less than a minute! 

David McCormack

SiteLink Software | Director of Sales
    919-865-0789 opt1 | Contact Sales 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads