WHAT DOES "SEO" MEAN TO YOU?

kromoleon
kromoleon Automatit Moderator
(...What is your unique interpretation of SEO? Or, what do you expect from 'SEO services'? Don't worry, there is no right answer!) 
Kevin Romo-Leon
Marketing Communications Director
"How Storage Customers Think About Things"

Answers

• AZStorageGuy
    AZStorageGuy Registered User ✭✭✭
    "No right answer?"  Perfect.

I would expect an SEO guy to be up on the latest changes in Google's sandbox rules, and I would want to be sure that he isn't trying to "game" the system and goose my rankings with some clever black hat tricks -- which might give me a nice bump in rankings at first but then end up blowing up in MY face because Google caught on and said, "Aha! We know what you're doing and now we're going to punish you!"
     William McBride
  • OutboxChar
    OutboxChar Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    kromoleon said:
    Or, what do you expect from 'SEO services'? Don't worry, there is no right answer!) 
    I've been doing webhosting and consulting for well over 2 decades.  I have yet to see any 'SEO services' that were legit.  Many 'SEO services' thinking firing off their spam scripts and throwing out links to any website that they can find pointing back to your own website is a good idea.  That just gets you blacklisted.

Best thing to do is take a few minutes and skim through your own website.  Make sure you're using the key words you want/ need in there.  Make sure any photos that you use have file names related to your company name and include alt tags describing what the photos are about.  Also make sure that there's content on the website related to your business. 

One company website I looked over contained more about the photographer who set up the site for them than the actual company.  Photos were named after the photographer and there was less than 15 words on each page.  Gave the office manager the same advice as I gave above and a couple of examples and a week later their site listed higher for the in town UHaul locations.  :)
  • OutboxChar
    OutboxChar Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    kromoleon said:
    Or, what do you expect from 'SEO services'? Don't worry, there is no right answer!) 
    I've been doing webhosting and consulting for well over 2 decades.  I have yet to see any 'SEO services' that were legit.  Many 'SEO services' thinking firing off their spam scripts and throwing out links to any website that they can find pointing back to your own website is a good idea.  That just gets you blacklisted.

Best thing to do is take a few minutes and skim through your own website.  Make sure you're using the key words you want/ need in there.  Make sure any photos that you use have file names related to your company name and include alt tags describing what the photos are about.  Also make sure that there's content on the website related to your business. 

One company website I looked over contained more about the photographer who set up the site for them than the actual company.  Photos were named after the photographer and there was less than 15 words on each page.  Gave the office manager the same advice as I gave above and a couple of examples and a week later their site listed higher for the in town UHaul locations.  :)
  • Dallas_Dogger
    Dallas_Dogger Registered Moderator, SiteLink International ✭✭
    There are legit companies out there. But they cost. It's not a 2-bit job and owners and managers should consider getting a pro company to do their digital marketing. competing against well funded big Self Storage players can be a big job, but it can be done. 
    Dallas Dogger
    SiteLink International
    www.sitelinksoftware.com.au
    +61 7 3889 9822
  • Astora
    Astora Registered User
    I can tell you one of my very sad and costly money stories, and of course, the downgrade. I turned to one person for an SEO service. I wanted to promote my site very much to increase the influx of people. He offered me a perfect offer in which I spend little money, but at the same time, I get a very good influx of people. I certainly believed him because I didn't understand. He started spamming the forums with the exact text with a link to my site. Of course, I fell in the rating, and I was sanctioned. As a result, I could not get out of this hole. Now I work with a professional SEO agency. I constantly consult with professionals. I will certainly leave the link as I am proud to work with them (https://www.danielfoley.co.uk/)

• Gaulavana
    Gaulavana Registered User
    edited October 2021
     Recently I was faced with a complicated problem, so I searched for an agency in Austin. Unfortunately, I couldn't find what I needed, so I googled an online agency to help me. I found the most excellent agency from Europe and offers many services (from creating websites and online stores to SEO and advertising). So with their help, I solved all the problems that my site had, now I started a new contract with them on the backlinks side, making an order of 150 backlinks from them. I'm sure they can help you too because they are excellent guys.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads