HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHAT MARKETING CHANNELS TO INVEST IN?

kromoleon
kromoleon Automatit Moderator
(Given unlimited resources, we would take advantage of every opportunity - but that's not realistic. So how do you choose what marketing options are worth your money?)
Kevin Romo-Leon
Marketing Communications Director
"How Storage Customers Think About Things"

Answers

• ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    I am posted on Google and Bing. These are the two larges search engines. Most people that I know, I am 61, will Google some thing first. We Google hotels, restaurants, and movie theaters. I think that in a certain part of the country there maybe another avenue, but I stick with the two larges. My occupancy rate is 90%.
  • kromoleon
    kromoleon Automatit Moderator
    @ThriftyStorage, your insight is greatly appreciated, thank you! 

I'm curious, if say your occupancy rate was at 75% (or even lower), what other marketing media would you consider? 

I look forward to your response. 

Best, 

Kevin
    Kevin Romo-Leon
    Marketing Communications Director
    "How Storage Customers Think About Things"
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    I still feel strongly about the aspects of my first response. There could be other factors that might be hindering your occupancy rate such as website, price, location; how do you speak to a potential tenant on the phone. I could probably go on, but I'll stop there. Just try to perfect what is positive about you and your store. Do you know that I do not do well with shopper calls, but many people tell me that I act and sound professional.....believe in you!!!!!
  • NathanHartTGa
    NathanHartTGa Registered User
    edited December 2020
    In fact, everything is very simple. I don't invest in them. In general, for me, there is nothing worse than an investment, because I am a person who loves to see the result of my work now and not to wait for several years, so this is not my style and I work only to make a profit here and now. The fbs service helps me a lot with this. I heard about it relatively recently and decided to try it, and I'm glad that I decided to take a chance and take this step. This is a very serious step for me and I am happy that I was able to overcome my fears and become truly happy.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google, Bing, Yelp, Facebook, etc. are great starting points and will provide some exposure for those moving into the area. It pays to be a little more local, too.

If there is a college or university nearby, see about advertising directly to students. Advertise auctions where local enthusiasts will see it, and do some networking with them to tell others. Leave cards or flyers with the local movers, and even contractors (remodels always need temporary storage). 

Be dynamic and adaptable. If you have several smaller units during the holidays, advertise short term specials. The perfect place to hide the presents where the 'kids' wont find them!

For us, word of mouth and our very competitive prices seems to bring the most new business.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    We have three locations and stay between 94%-99% occupancy throughout the year. We have never paid for any marketing with the exception of the phone book believe it or not. I agree with @themage in thinking outside the box when it comes to exposure and your location. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads