Adding Recurring Fee-ex.Processing Fee

Can I add another recurring fee to an individual tenants account, other than the monthly rent fee?
Such as a monthly Credit Card Processing fee to be automatically added when my Auto Payment Cards are run, or do I just incorporate it into their monthly rent fee?

Comments

• khemnis
    khemnis Registered User ✭✭✭
    I didn't know of anything off the top of my head and I poked around the Demo a little bit.  I can only find where you can set up fees based on dates, not through a specific option.  It looks like you'd either have to add a fee for each individual unit (not easy, but would at least show what the charge is for) or if you have a form your tenants sign to give you permission to charge their cards, you can add a bit about a convenience fee and the amount on there and adjust their rent accordingly.
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Hi @Storageinasnapp, to do this you must first create the recurring charge from Setup -> Charges. Look at the "Default Description" column and find any of the eight charges that are labeled as "Recurring Charge." Double click on one to edit. Give the charge a name and a value, and be sure "Currently Used" is selected. Once this is enabled, it will be available to add to a tenant's account from their Payments screen under Edit Charges and Payments. Once the charge is added it will recur each month along with rent. 
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    Thank you, that was very helpful.  I am assuming that once I have entered in the Auto Payment card information, the payment will show up for me to view/Edit on the date it is due and at that time I can select the Recurring Charge (Processing fee)  Then thereafter, it will automatically charge to that individual account?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads