Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Manual Updates to sitelink web edition

Matt_WMatt_W NARegistered User
I had a computer problem here at the office so I was without sitelink for a while. I used my own laptop to download Sitelink, with help from the support team.
I have the location code and admin code and have successfully updated Sitelink Corporate. 
However if I attempt to update the regular program it locks up as soon as it starts. 
It says 'Ready' and then hangs up. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program with no success. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another way to update it? I went into the root folder on my C drive and went to live update through there, same problem. I'm not able to log into it as it needs to update first.
Tagged:

Comments

• themagethemage ORRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    There are a few possibilities. Sometimes the first update takes a long time and seems like it is frozen. Sometimes, if you have hard drive compression turned on in windows, it can cause the Sitelink's database to refuse to install. I have also had a problem with an older installer not wanting to work. Make sure all older versions of Sitelink and the installer are removed and try downloading it again. Also, I think the installer needs to be run from an admin level account in window. Sitelink support is usually very good at helping iron out these issues and more.