Reversing an NSF reversal?

Options
storallgsa
storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Hello. So I was under the impression that the only way to reverse a payment was via NSF reversal (without all the NSF stuff checked). I reversed a credit card transaction today, but it is still showing up on my ledger as a processed payment, and it is still showing up on the website. I attempted to void the receipt and now I can't because it was NSF flagged. I was going to void the receipt in SL and go into First Data and reverse the payment from there.

Is there a way to reverse a NSF reversal?

Comments

• storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like I've had this issue before.

If anyone knows how I can fix this, that would be great. :)
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, once a NSF receipt has been created, it can't be reversed or deleted.  
    In the future, any reverse payment, go to the adjust ledger and void the receipt. You can do this if it is on the same day.  Otherwise you would have to issue a credit and refund.   If it is a credit card payment, make sure it voids/refunds in you payment processor's site as well. 

I had to learn this the hard way.  
  • storallgsa
    Options
    Unfortunately, once a NSF receipt has been created, it can't be reversed or deleted.  
    In the future, any reverse payment, go to the adjust ledger and void the receipt. You can do this if it is on the same day.  Otherwise you would have to issue a credit and refund.   If it is a credit card payment, make sure it voids/refunds in you payment processor's site as well. 

I had to learn this the hard way.  
    Same. LOL. Thanks so much for your help.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads