Transfer balance due to tenants other unit

sdgr35
sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
Tenant has two units and wants to only have one. He has a balance due on both units. Is there a way to transfer the balance due of one unit to the unit that he's going to be keeping?

Comments

• CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    I would think just add their charges to the new unit under payment, edit payments/charges,add charges and click administrative adjustment and just add it. I normally do not allow anyone to move with a balance due, they need to be current. Since there is a lease to each unit I wouldn't think one had anything to do with the other one. But you would have to check your states laws
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even when you move them out of the one unit, the bal owed on the other will still show in the notes section. Like CVSS stated, either do an admin adjustment for it and go in and write the other bal off, if you want to place it for that unit tho, just go to Adjustments then moved out accts to apply it there
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

During the move out select the  "prorate" box (if you just want to charge actual days in unit), then "leave balance on account"

Just make sure not to "write off" the balance when Sitelink asks.

You can then go in and take a payment for that closed unit.  From the payments screen, uncheck the  "Show only current tenants" box at top, then select the tenant with the balance due.

Sitelink wont flop a balance from one unit over to another. From what I've been told (take with salt) is that from a legal prospective, each contract is a separate entity/separate account even though they may be linked in Sitelink they must be treated as different contracts.

The easiest thing to do is just take a payment from the client when the unit is closed (to close out THAT account) and move on with the remaining unit. If you start making admin adjustments it'll just confuse the heck out of everything...especially if its ever contested.

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would make them pay the balance due on the one they want to move out of.  I don't allow move-outs with a balance due.

Otherwise, just do it the way @teamcapitola states above.
  • sdgr35
    sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
    Thank you all...I called sitelink and she had me credit the amount to zero it out to move out and then we added charges to the existing unit and I also made notes in both units and in tenant notes. Well lesson learned, I think I will not do this with any tenant again. It makes more sense for them to pay up and move out. 

This particular tenant has been here for years and keeps me updated weekly on what he can pay. I'm fairly new and  have only been doing this for 1 yr. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads