Move-Out: "Waive all fees dated after move-out date" Questions.

GSS
GSS Registered User ✭✭✭
Hello Everyone, 

If you use the "Waive all fees dated after move-out date" option when moving out a tenant, could you please explain to me a bit what exactly this does? 

Does it waive the invoice balance, late fees, lien fees, etc? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will waive any charges dated after the move-out date.
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    To clarify, this means that if you have to backdate a move out after a new period has started, it will waive the new charges. I see this most often when I need to backdate someone because they moved out when I was not in.
  • GSS
    GSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    To clarify, this means that if you have to backdate a move out after a new period has started, it will waive the new charges. I see this most often when I need to backdate someone because they moved out when I was not in.

So for an example. Our invoices are sent out between the 15th-17th of each month, creating a new charge for next month. If tenant moves out the last day of the month and I am not moving them out of the system on the first of the month, by clicking that option would it "waive" the charge? 

The reason I ask is because on our reports it is showing that remaining charge, which technically they do not owe, but it is still there. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it should clear those out.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads