How to open more than one screen/window at a time in Site Link (2 separate accounts open same time)?

Options
If I'm typing an important note in one account and suddenly a separate tenant comes in office to pay, I am unable to minimize the account window I am typing the important note in and then open the account window of the tenant who has come to pay, at the same time.  I have to close the window I'm taking down the important note to be able to open the paying tenants account window and once all that is done employees likely forget about the note and having to go back and retype your thoughts.....  I've yet to find a way to do this in SiteLink, and would love to be told how if such an operation exists...... If none such exists, PLEASE Developers make this function possible within the software!!

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Software wise, I haven't found a workaround, but I do have a method that works for us.

We have a separate PC that mostly handles the gate operations, but it has to have Sitelink running on it anyway. Any of the other office computers can remotely access the gate computer in a new window and use that instance of Sitelink when their own instance is busy.

It is overkill for offices with only one computer, but if you have more than one, it isn't too difficult to set up a remote connection.

As I understand it, multiple instances of Sitelink on the same computer will cause issues when trying to access the database, so just isn't a great idea from a software perspective.
  • Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    That IS frustrating!  It's happened to me many times.  Fortunately, we have a 2nd computer in the office.  One possible solution, if you know it's going to be a lengthy note, is to type it in Microsoft word so you can minimize that when another customer comes in, then copy + paste into sitelink. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just tell the customer who comes in the office to hold on one second since I am forgetful I have to finish this note. They are normally ok to wait.
  • 87ambie
    87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like to keep myHub at the ready for situations like this. If I'm in the middle of something and I don't want to lose my progress (or have to leave multiple notes) at least I can open the account of the customer that just walked in or called fairly quickly. 
  • JayBee
    JayBee Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    The workaround I use for this frustrating issue is to highlight and copy what I've typed and close the account.  Then when I go back to the account where I was typing the notes I hit paste... tada!
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    @JayBee so simple yet I didn't think of that lol
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JayBee said:
    The workaround I use for this frustrating issue is to highlight and copy what I've typed and close the account.  Then when I go back to the account where I was typing the notes I hit paste... tada!
    Please tell me how to do that. I'm not able to copy any note text unless I save it 1st.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    @Faye
    if you take your mouse and left click and drag it across everything you want saved and hold control c or right click and click copy and then get out of that screen it will ask if you want to save hit no then when you go back hit control v (ctrl) or right click and select paste all of what you copied will be there 
  • Faye
    Options
    @Faye
    if you take your mouse and left click and drag it across everything you want saved and hold control c or right click and click copy and then get out of that screen it will ask if you want to save hit no then when you go back hit control v (ctrl) or right click and select paste all of what you copied will be there 
    I do not get the "copy option" only "paste option".
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only option is to paste when in a tenant's notes, unless the note has previously been typed and saved before. This is why I am so grateful we have 2 computers here. Either that, or I will save what I have typed in and go back and type: "continued from previous note...". Most customers are understanding though and will wait for me to finish to pull up their account.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    @Faye
    then do the other option highlight everything and hit ctrl and c at the same time this copies, then to paste ctrl and v at the same time 
  • Faye
    Options
    @Faye
    then do the other option highlight everything and hit ctrl and c at the same time this copies, then to paste ctrl and v at the same time 
    That works!!! Yippie!!!! 
    Thank you very much!
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    yay!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Faye
    I learned something new today!! Thank you!!
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    @ESS
    my son taught me that a few years ago and it has been a life saver
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time to blow some minds then... lol...

Control - A = select all - no need to use mouse to highlight if you're doing the entire writing. 
    Control - Backpace = delete an entire word, not just a letter.

I live and breath the Ctrl A / Ctrl C / Ctrl V combo when i'm working on multiple spreadsheets :)
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Orkocean said:

I live and breath the Ctrl A / Ctrl C / Ctrl V combo when i'm working on multiple spreadsheets :)
    Me, too.  I forget that some people don't know about these functions because they are second nature to me.  I always feel bad when I realize that I could have helped by giving someone this info!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm suddenly having flashbacks to clicking Shift+F7 to print my document in WordPerfect.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Faye
    Options
    I Love this! Keep going lol :)

• CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    @Faye
    it makes everything so easy! 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I mean... the one as a young gamer back in the early online chat days that I loved to share with people online when they needed help was good old "alt-f4" as the answer to fix whatever their problem was :smiley:
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    Well I mean... the one as a young gamer back in the early online chat days that I loved to share with people online when they needed help was good old "alt-f4" as the answer to fix whatever their problem was :smiley:
    Oooh - nasty.   B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads