Eviction Notice

Options
Ltwud
Ltwud Unconfirmed, Registered User
I have a customer that continually does not follow our facility rules.  In our lease agreement it says that either the owner or the tenant can terminate their lease with a 10 day written notice.  I mailed him a certified letter a month before his due date letting him know we would not be renewing his lease with us however he did not move out.  What can you do if a customer does not vacate after being given an eviction notice?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Once that happens, a court eviction is pretty much your only legal option.  DO NOT take a payment from him for this next rent period.  That allows him to stay and you'd have to send another notice and start over!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes.  Like @MamaDuke7 said, take no payments from the tenant.  Do not let them on the premises or enter their unit (if allowed by your state). 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • dperry
    dperry Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Who of you has a prototype of an eviction notice? I am unable to find one in storage front list of forms.

Thank you.
    Diane
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <Site.Name>
    <Site.StreetAddress1> <Site.StreetAddress2>
    <Site.City>, <Site.Region>  <Site.PostalCode>
    <Site.Phone>

Lease Termination Notice

Tenant <Tenant.Name> Notice Date <Date.Notice>
    Company <Tenant.CompName> Unit Number <Tenant.UnitName>
    Address <Tenant.StreetAddress1> <Tenant.StreetAddress2>
    City, State, Zip <Tenant.City>  <Tenant.Region>  <Tenant.PostalCode>

Dear Tenant:

As stated on your lease agreement, your lease expires at the end of each monthly cycle, and subject to management discretion, renews automatically on the first day of the next cycle.   

At this time, it is our decision not to renew your lease.  You have until <Tenant.PaidThruDate> to vacate your unit.  Your lock must be removed on or before the vacate date.  All terms and conditions of your lease agreement will remain in effect.

Sincerely,

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads