Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

Eviction Notice

LtwudLtwud WAUnconfirmed, Registered User
I have a customer that continually does not follow our facility rules.  In our lease agreement it says that either the owner or the tenant can terminate their lease with a 10 day written notice.  I mailed him a certified letter a month before his due date letting him know we would not be renewing his lease with us however he did not move out.  What can you do if a customer does not vacate after being given an eviction notice?

Comments

• MamaDuke7MamaDuke7 CARegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5
    Once that happens, a court eviction is pretty much your only legal option.  DO NOT take a payment from him for this next rent period.  That allows him to stay and you'd have to send another notice and start over!
  • i43storagei43storage WIRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  Like @MamaDuke7 said, take no payments from the tenant.  Do not let them on the premises or enter their unit (if allowed by your state). 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage