Storables NEW CC PROCESSING

Options
I have so much to say about the new way to enter and capture credit/debit card information for auto pay. I have only had it for 2 weeks, but here is what I am seeing:
 Forcing us to go through the tenant screen, instead of the payment screen to update or add a credit card is foolish and sets us up for numerous mistakes. If you are like me, I have 1300 customers to sift through, so when I enter a last name, it shows up in pale grey at the bottom of my screen, and does not tell the operator if they have multiple units. This can cause an employee to choose the wrong customer, or only update for one unit. If the last name is a common one, I would try using a unit number, which again puts it to one unit. I have recently discovered that if you just choose the customer and then choose multi-unit credit card you will get the correct results, I have instructed my staff to just hit that button every time. When a customer needs to update a card we have always gone in, updated the card and then taken the payment immediately in case there are any issues we might need to address in front of the customer. However, we now have to save and get out of the tenant screen to then go into the payment screen to run the card, it's like a circus, it's time consuming. Furthermore, when you are in the tenant, credit card update screen, you have no information to provide the customer who is asking, when is it due? What size is it? etc etc. You have to ask them to hold on while you finish this transaction and hold on again while you find them in the payment screen. This is taking efficiency backwards. The move-out screen no longer provides you the opportunity to put the payment back on the card on file and you can't pro-rate at all, it is a full refund in adjustments, void/refund last payment. OR send a check request to corporate to get the pro-rate mailed to them. I am assuming it's value is in its mediocrity. I have seen the posts that they are working on some of this, honestly why did it get rolled out before it was perfect? Please let me know if there is a better way, and I have somehow missed it. 

Comments

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @sonyawiprud. Thank you for providing us with this detailed feedback. Some good news for you, our team is targeting the end of next month to have a feature in which you can issue a partial refund to the credit card when a tenant is moving out. 
    We plan to enable it so you'll be able to edit auto payment info in the ledger/payment screen (instead of having to go to the tenant screen), and I will make sure your request gets to the product team, which helps them prioritize development efforts. 
    We are continuing to invest in Storable Payments' reliability, simplicity, and security. Our focus on Storable Payments allows us to regularly deliver additional Payments capabilities. We send out release emails to let you know about the improvements we’ve made to Payments -- if you don't already receive these, and would like to, please let me know and I'll add you to our mailing list. Thank you, Amy C. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sonyawiprud said is totally SPOT on!

I second the ridiculous method to enter stored cards now. Having to back out of the tenants payment screen, then go through several other screens, search for the tenant again (in a vastly different search method then the Payment screen of course ), JUST to enter a Credit card is completely insane! Oh, and of course you cant make the payment at that point....you have to go back out and into the payment screen, pull the customer BACK up and then take the payment. Mind you while we are doing all this, the phones are ringing, and customers are standing in the office waiting.

And if you put "MyHub" into any answer or response I'm just going to scream.

Its obvious whoever changed this has never actually worked in a customer service/sales environment!

My advice is to listen to your customers, and possibly visit a store to see how the product is actually used.

I STILL have open tech support tickets for errors with stored Credit Cards! Having to get hold of tenants and reenter the entire card information on cards that have been stored/used for months. LOVE those phone calls.

• rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I totally agree with teamcapitola's comments.  I've worked in a customer service/sales environment for over 50 years in the civilian and military world.  One of the first things you taught when introducing a "new" feature that effects your customers is to ask the operators their opinions before launching it.  Designers need to sit behind the desk and see how their invention works in a real operational environmental.  Sometimes things are put out that don't benefit the operator or customer but looks good at the corporate level.  Just a thought!!!! 
  • storable_support
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi, again. I just wanted to chime in to ensure you all that we are listening and incredibly sorry for the collective frustration. Your feedback is so very appreciated and it is helping us to prioritize these fixes. We would like for you all to consider signing up to become our official feedback partners. This is a newly created program (this post explains it in detail) to help us determine if we’re on the right track with product updates. If you are interested, you can sign up via this link. Where it asks "What makes you interested in joining our feedback program?," simply write my name or "Amy C. sent me."  Thank you so much for your consideration and continued partnership. Sincerely, Amy C. 
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hello, just wanted to make sure everyone on this thread was aware that this was released:

https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/3142/storable-payments-2021-release-notes

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads