Sitelink Web Reservations

Options
teamcapitola
teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if there is a way (or some setting I've missed) that limits how far in the future a reservation can be placed?

We hold reservations for 7 days; It's stated on our SL web reservation screen, but customers can place the reservation weeks or even months ahead.

We recently had several clients reserve units for next June/July when we are typically full for summer.

They then receive a confirmation letter with whatever date they chose, even though we don't accept a reservation so far out. The letter states our policy, but it's still confusing for people.

It would be lovely to simply limit reservations to within our 7 day policy without having to contact the client and explain every time it happens. I can't seem to find that setting anywhere.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    It's in the Corporate Control Center.  

• JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:

It is in Corporate Control Center but doesn't prevent reservations farther out.  All it does is populate the confirmation email to say "number of days".  The form that we have no way to access or edit!

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    MamaDuke7 said:

It is in Corporate Control Center but doesn't prevent reservations farther out.  All it does is populate the confirmation email to say "number of days".  The form that we have no way to access or edit!

It works for us.  It won't allow a reservation beyond where we have it set.  People complain all the time that they want it in 3 weeks but can't reserve beyond a few days.
  • JulieAton
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    JulieAton said:
    MamaDuke7 said:

It works for us.  It won't allow a reservation beyond where we have it set.  People complain all the time that they want it in 3 weeks but can't reserve beyond a few days.

I have a feeling that is something a third party vendor set up.  I could be wrong. 

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We had to go through our website tech support and get them to set the reservation time limit. 
  • JulieAton
    Options
    We had to go through our website tech support and get them to set the reservation time limit. 

Who do you use for website tech support? 
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    MamaDuke7 said:
    JulieAton said:
    MamaDuke7 said:

I have a feeling that is something a third party vendor set up.  I could be wrong. 

That could be. We use Automatit, but they use the Sitelink API info. So when I reduced that number of days in CCC, it immediately changed for reservations.  If you use a different web host that doesn't use the API, then they may be the ones that need to change it.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JulieAton We use Automatit, when we first got started we had an issue with the reservation days.  Their tech went in fixed the issue.  I'm not sure if they were linked with API info or not at the time as it was years ago. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THANK YOU everyone for all your input!

I'll play around with CCC and see what our IT ppl have to say
  • storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:

That isn't true, unfortunately. I am having this issue right now, and came here to try and find a solution. This was the reply from StorEdge after I submitted a ticket:

YOUR REQUEST HAS AN UPDATE!
    Storable Veronika
    Storable Support
    5/18/2022 5:10 PM

Hello Kristy,

Its not possible to stop how far out they reserve but only how soon they expire. And that is the setting in the corporate control center.

Thank you,
    Veronika

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's not possible for your web settings, perhaps modify the reservation letter to include verbiage like: "Please be advised reservations are only honored within this time frame and cannot be guaranteed beyond 2 weeks from the date you place it" 
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We've gone back to the simpler days because of the problems we continually had with web reservations and move ins.  Using the old telephone, email, and walk-in method.  Working fine!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    We've gone back to the simpler days because of the problems we continually had with web reservations and move ins.  Using the old telephone, email, and walk-in method.  Working fine!
    I have everything excluded from our website, for many reasons, but reservation issues is one of those.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads