Uncleared Refund Checks, Reversal?

Options
If we issue a refund check and post it in Sitelink and the check was never received by the tenant, how do we reverse the original check? This has come up before where we had to put a stop payment on a check and reissue one. I couldn't figure it out, Sitelink would not let me do a ledger adjustment on the check, so I just ignored it. But this time the tenant is moving back in and wants the refund applied to his new unit. I have no money in Sitelink to apply. I know I could issue a credit, but that will mess up the financial reports.

How do I reverse a refund?
Tagged:

Comments

• GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    YevetteM  unfortunately there is no way to reverse a refund in sitelink only payments.  
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @YvetteM. @GM_SJ_BSS is correct. Refunds cannot be undone in SiteLink. You should choose whichever record-keeping method is the least disruptive to your operations and issue credits on the new unit. Then, enter a check payment for the refunded amount on the new unit; move the tenant in using "Put Tenants in Units" with future rent-owed date; etc. We recommend choosing the "enter a check payment" option because the prior refund took money out of their income and that would put it back to a net zero amount.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads