Why is it called Lead to Lease when it's a reservation screen?

frankier35
frankier35 Registered User
I have a hard time training people making reservations. They are expecting to go to an icon called reservation. Calling it Lead to lease is EXTREMELY confusing for people.

Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect they were trying to create a workflow feeling. You can use that screen to create sales "leads" and reservations, and then you can convert the reservations to move ins or "leases" in that same screen. 

This makes a "paper" trail that is easier to follow if you have a sales team, showing conversion rates and reducing the duplication of effort if you end up creating a new lease instead of converting a reservation.

That said, it does still take me a few moments to find since I am still looking for "reservations". The vast majority of our leases don't have reservations, so we use that screen less often than we might.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it far more for leads/waiting list than I do for reservations.  Currently, I have 15 on the list, but only 1 is a reservation.  as @themage explained, it's for more than just reservations.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    We thought it was ridiculous when they changed the name of this module.  It was a big sales pitch for converting calls to rentals.  And it really doesn't function well as a waiting list. Having to select a unit for an inquiry is redundant.  Most inquiries price at least a few different options.  I just use the note or comment section listing the other quoted sizes. 
  • frankier35
    I wish they wish they would change it back. It’s extremely confusing when training people to make a reservation or put someone on a wait list in a screen called lead to lease instead of a reservation screen, which is want it is. Its very frustrating for those who are trying to train people how to use Sitelink. 
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    I wish they wish they would change it back. It’s extremely confusing when training people to make a reservation or put someone on a wait list in a screen called lead to lease instead of a reservation screen, which is want it is. Its very frustrating for those who are trying to train people how to use Sitelink. 

Very true- Reservations, Wait List and Inquiries are 3 (THREE) different things! 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and thanks for tagging me on this thread, @i43storage.

I appreciate the opportunity to chime in! 
    Lead to Lease is a common process/workflow in property management that allows for better tracking and conversion rates. The name change within SiteLink was meant to more accurately describe the range of lead options available within those screens as well as to subtly encourage operators to learn about and take advantage of more advanced lead and CRM processes to increase profitability for your businesses.

However, if this naming convention is not working for our users, we can consider options that meet everyone's needs -- such as a program option to use a "Reservations" label instead. 

Your feedback and this thread are being reviewed internally now -- thank you all for your feedback! 

~Amy C.
  • frankier35
    Clearly from the feedback in this forum most people want it changed back to calling it reservations as opposed to lead to lease. As a trainer it makes much more sense calling it a reservation screen because that’s exactly what it is. You’re making a reservation in the screen. When you add a lead, it’s the same thing as a reservation only without a rental guarantee but it’s essentially the same thing. I remember when it was changed people were complaining saying it made no sense. After using it for several years, it still makes no sense. It’s a reservation screen and should be called a reservation screen. 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what it's called, I would just like the option to not have to choose a specific unit for a customer.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    I don't care what it's called, I would just like the option to not have to choose a specific unit for a customer.
    I second this!  And to reserve more than 1 unit on a single reservation.  We used to be able to do that.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said:
    I second this!  And to reserve more than 1 unit on a single reservation.  We used to be able to do that.

I third.  It would be great if we had the ability to use it as a WAITLIST and not necessary RESERVE a specific unit.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of the above. Reservations and wait list. I have people constantly asking if they can be put on a wait list! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads