Current Tenant Adds a Unit...

helenatim
helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
I am sure this has probably been discussed already, but when a current tenant adds a second unit, is there any way to add them to autopay automatically? Or do I call them to get their cc number again.  Or have them go to the website and setup autopay?  Thanks...

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to be able to save without finishing, then go back, run the card, and select Yes to add it. Now, it will let you run the card from the other account when they're linked, but it doesn't ask anymore if you want to add it to autopay.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    We used to be able to save without finishing, then go back, run the card, and select Yes to add it. Now, it will let you run the card from the other account when they're linked, but it doesn't ask anymore if you want to add it to autopay.
    That's what I found too. Perhaps Storable could change this so we still cant see the card info, but can add it to autopay.
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    I have found that you can go to Tenants under Customers in your home screen, choose the Tenant that you want to add the card number to (useful if they are updating a card on file) and on the right choose Multi Unit Credit card.  Select both or all units and then add the card.
    Yes if they already have a card on file then you will have to do a separate Autopay Authorization for them because the system is set up where if they move out of the first unit it doesn't delete the Autopay on the 2nd unit.  It is designed to treat them as separate pmts but joined under one account name.
  • gsbhm
    gsbhm Registered User
    Before you could add a new unit to an existing account and not take a payment at move in, Then go to payments and the credit card info from the existing unit would be auto populated.  

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a feature improvement on our roadmap to make it easier for you to share a card between units. Keep an eye out for this update in the future. -Lyndsey H
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a feature improvement on our roadmap to make it easier for you to share a card between units. Keep an eye out for this update in the future. -Lyndsey H
    Is there a technical/security reason why the ability to previously do it, was taken away?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ESS, yes it was a security reason. It wasn't secure to see/copy/paste full credit card numbers so it was removed from the system. -Lyndsey H
  • ESS
    @ESS, yes it was a security reason. It wasn't secure to see/copy/paste full credit card numbers so it was removed from the system. -Lyndsey H
    I never had access to see the full card numbers. I'm talking about when we could run the card from a linked unit, then it would prompt us to add it to autopay for the other that we're charging it to, click yes, then the system would place it on AP for us
  • kmckee504
    kmckee504 Registered User
    Yes, please and thank you if this is changed to allow auto cc to populate to additional linked units!  Big issue here with lots of tenants with mulitple units.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads