Paperless

HHolbert
HHolbert Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
Does site link have an option to add things like scanned DL & Docs. Outlook emails etc into cust accts? Thankyou!!

Comments

• karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    I have wondered this myself....so far, I have just made notes in tenant file to refer to saved scan/doc in computer files.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

You can. If you go into a tenants account and click the grey box in the middle of the screen with the webcam icon on it you will bring up another screen that lets you upload up to 9 images into the account if you'd like. We used to take pics of all of our tenants upon leasing so we have a facial pic of the tenant when pulling up accounts.

• karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @Orkocean ....Now I have some work to do after Christmas....cool! I wasn't even aware this feature was there. Does this info print out when you move customer out?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    That I do not know, but would think not. I know when we kept pictures on file for customers they did not print out upon move outs. But at the same time we do not print notes/ledgers when moving out. If we need something we just pull the account back up to look at the notes.
  • karen700
    Thanks!... I will experiment..
  • ThriftyStorage
    ThriftyStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Karen700, from my understanding the Sitelink server keeps the info on fille for two years.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    pictures stay for longer but notes disappear 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that notes disappear... anyone have the exact timeframe for that?

I am annoyed that notes wouldn't stay (as renters do come back years later) text really doesn't take up a lot of storage room.

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notes should not be disappearing, they're not removed by SiteLink. Other items like pictures and eFiles are stored for 1 year after move out, and eSign documents are stored for 7 years after move out.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

@sue_community- I've checked in our system, and in every (moved out) from 2014 and earlier, the notes section is blank. We started using Sitelink back in 2011 when we opened.

The strange part is on some of those accounts, the (scanned) license picture is still present, but the notes are all gone.

I've sent in a Help Desk ticket to look into it, but I'm glad you said something since I just assumed they went as well.

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...ok it's good you've let them know, there may be something else going on and they should get you answers quickly. Keep us posted :)
  • teamcapitola
    edited January 2018

@sue_community : I heard back from Sitelink tech support. It seems that tenant notes will actually "archive" after a certain point, but are pretty easy to get access to if you have the right access permissions.

I didn't know if I should make a separate thread for this, but here are the directions if the same happens to anyone else.

You will actually will not be able to see that data normally because it is archived.

The only way to view it is to actually enable viewing archived data in the program defaults of Sitelink.

Click on the SETUP button and then PROGRAM DEFAULTS. Once in the program defaults under the GENERAL tab there is a hidden button that you have to bring up.

In order to bring up the option, under the GENERAL tab on PROGRAM DEFAULTS hit the keys "CTRL SHIFT R" all at the same time.

Once you do that you will see an option that says "Download all data including Archived when refreshing."

Check that box and then click OK to save.

You will then have to close Sitelink completely and open it back in and login.

****Sitelink Tech warned that enabling the archived data will significantly affect login times due to the added data being loaded. They also said that once users retrieve data needed, it should be disabled again.

We have a pretty stout 65mb internet connection from Comcast, and I did not notice any lag during startup or in operation.

• Sue_C
    Thanks @teamcapitola for this great info!
    Let's leave it here in this discussion, I added some tags plus the approved answer badge so others can find it.
  • Sue_C

@sue_community : I heard back from Sitelink tech support. It seems that tenant notes will actually "archive" after a certain point, but are pretty easy to get access to if you have the right access permissions.

I didn't know if I should make a separate thread for this, but here are the directions if the same happens to anyone else.

You will actually will not be able to see that data normally because it is archived.

The only way to view it is to actually enable viewing archived data in the program defaults of Sitelink.

Click on the SETUP button and then PROGRAM DEFAULTS. Once in the program defaults under the GENERAL tab there is a hidden button that you have to bring up.

In order to bring up the option, under the GENERAL tab on PROGRAM DEFAULTS hit the keys "CTRL SHIFT R" all at the same time.

Once you do that you will see an option that says "Download all data including Archived when refreshing."

Check that box and then click OK to save.

You will then have to close Sitelink completely and open it back in and login.

****Sitelink Tech warned that enabling the archived data will significantly affect login times due to the added data being loaded. They also said that once users retrieve data needed, it should be disabled again.

We have a pretty stout 65mb internet connection from Comcast, and I did not notice any lag during startup or in operation.

• HHolbert
    HHolbert Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    A drag and drop feature would be helpful here. Attaching (Cust) Emails from Outlook. I have experimented and found my 'Grey Box' however, the file I seek is not always 'findable'...Maybe a desktop box that integrates the files between the 2 systems? Ty, OrkOcean for the valuable input.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads