storing tenant's credit card information

efazziochaisson
efazziochaisson Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified
how do you store a tenant's credit card information without selecting the auto debit option at Move-In?

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Go into ledger settings for the tenant.... go to edit auto bill... fill in all the credit card info .. hit ok... when it asks if you want to set up auto pay, say no. It should still save the card on file.
  • efazziochaisson
    efazziochaisson Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified
    skinman said:
    Go into ledger settings for the tenant.... go to edit auto bill... fill in all the credit card info .. hit ok... when it asks if you want to set up auto pay, say no. It should still save the card on file.
    so this would actually be an additional step after the Move-In process and after the initial payment has been applied to account correct? 
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    when doing the move in, when you get to the charges screen, auto bill edit is on the left hand side... you can do the same thing and save the card without setting up auto pay... My first post was assuming they were already an existing customer
  • skinman
    Then you are still saving the card on file, and when you take the payment, card on file will be in the drop-down on their regular payment screen... Hope that isn't confusing
  • skinman
    So yes.... LOL. If you already moved them in and took their payment, you would have to go back into their ledger settings and save the card as an extra step
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have multiple units you can save time & just swipe/enter the card once for all the units... by going to "Tenants" then select "Multi-Unit Credit Card"
  • ShellyinNOLA
    ShellyinNOLA Registered User
    I need help... not sure how to start a new thread or question...so I will put here... is there a way to print out or view ALL of my customers who are set up on AUTO PAY? 
  • karen700
    karen700 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @ShellyinNOLA....you can go to reports then double click credit card roll....view or print from there for current customers billed monthly.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    karen700 said:
    @ShellyinNOLA....you can go to reports then double click credit card roll....view or print from there for current customers billed monthly.

• Jeffweb2015
    Jeffweb2015 Registered User
    customer putting new card for Auto Pay "Failure your data was not saved. possibly because your local database needs to be refreshed.  Do you want SiteLink to update you local data before you try again." I have refreshed several times and no success
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    customer putting new card for Auto Pay "Failure your data was not saved. possibly because your local database needs to be refreshed.  Do you want SiteLink to update you local data before you try again." I have refreshed several times and no success
    Sometimes when this happens, I have to completely close out of SL and reopen. It can take some time, depending on your PC, so you could choose to write down the card info and then shred it afterwards so you can get the tenant out the door while you mess with SL.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    Sometimes when this happens, I have to completely close out of SL and reopen. It can take some time, depending on your PC, so you could choose to write down the card info and then shred it afterwards so you can get the tenant out the door while you mess with SL.
    Thanks, @ESS!

Additionally, @Jeffweb2015, we'd recommend clearing local data from Maintenance button on the login screen to be thorough. If you continue to receive the error, it means that something else is happening and you should contact support at 919-865-0789, Option 2.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "local database needs to be refreshed" error happens often here, but it is generally because more than one person is trying to edit information for the same tenant / unit.
    Contributing to the problem is our main office personnel leave their their computers on the Payments tenants list, so Sitelink wont automatically log out, but it also wont automatically refresh while away from the main screen. Any info changes and then they go into an account, they no longer have the current info.

When this happens, we usually have to go out to the main screen to refresh. For whatever reason, the refresh it does in the other screens isn't enough.
  • Salemardan
    Salemardan Registered User
    Thanks! this information was also very useful to me! I am just starting an independent life apart from my parents, and I want to learn how to use all the financial opportunities of the modern world properly. Now I have read on https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/best-credit-cards-canada-2017/ about credit cards and thought about getting one of them. I want to find out from those who have been using credit cards for a long time whether it is convenient or better not to use loans, even in the format of a credit card, and live only on the income received.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads