Refund to credit

LockTiteBT
LockTiteBT Registered User ✭✭
How can you take an insurance refund or even a deposit refund and put it as credit for a tenant? 

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    When you are doing the move out, you can apply a deposit refund to another unit if they have a multiple unit account.  Insurance, I'm not sure... we don't prorate moveouts, but do have deposits at some locations. 

I'm assuming this is what you mean?

If not...please ignore this post... :)
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

When you perform the refund, you have a choice as to method. As @skinman said, please ignore this if it isn't what you're asking!

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    When you are doing the move out, you can apply a deposit refund to another unit if they have a multiple unit account.  Insurance, I'm not sure... we don't prorate moveouts, but do have deposits at some locations. 

I'm assuming this is what you mean?

If not...please ignore this post... :)

When you perform the refund, you have a choice as to method. As @skinman said, please ignore this if it isn't what you're asking!

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LockTiteJH ....fyi, maybe you found this already – for the insurance refund to work, you need to have "Allow returning refunds due to the customer" selected in the Insurance Setup page. Hope that helps!
  • LockTiteBT
    LockTiteBT Registered User ✭✭
    The tenant was wondering instead of getting the deposit back transferring it to be credit for next months rent. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

LockTiteJH -- If I am understanding your question correctly? A tenant has two units, and is closing one.. that's generating the refund?

I'm pretty sure if you go to refund the deposit, you can select to refund it directly to another rented unit (rather then "to customer") Provided the tenant has both units linked.

We don't prorate insurance; if they vacate or cancel mid month, the insurance is still paid in full to the next billing cycle.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads