Making Lead to Lease more user friendly/interactive

SimplySpace
SimplySpace Registered User
edited March 2018 in Lead to Lease
From time to time, we run a waiting list at our facility and it would be nice to be able to "flag" a customer or change them from the green color for a "lead" to maybe another color for being on the "waiting list" or designate other colors depending on the urgency for the customer.

The way we are currently running our waiting list is putting in the comments "On waiting list for 'x size'" and then we have to sort the comments in order to find people who are waiting for our call and even still, if we don't have them set up to expire in a few months, that could create another issue.

Am I using this wrong?

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something a lot of us have asked for and I believe the internal techs have considered for future updates. Something along the lines of instead of picking a specific unit for someone to be waiting on you could pick a specific size so if any of them come available it would prompt you to notify the person waiting.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SimplySpace have you tried the myHub interface? It's very user-friendly especially in Lead to Lease. You can choose a specific size and/or type of unit, and also a specific unit number if you want.
  • SimplySpace
    Thanks for the info guys! I have not tried myHub yet. Something worth looking into
  • Kathi_Elder-Hibler
    Kathi_Elder-Hibler Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified
    We used the Waiting List and Reminder features of the Standalone. Now that we are on the Web edition, these two areas are the only things we miss!  We thought the old methods were easy and allowed us to put a prospect on the WL for more than l size and cov or unc or either.. No such luck on Web Edition.  Sad.
  • Lori
    Lori Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified
    Will we be able to use the inquiry without being assigned to a specific unit soon?  It would be a very welcomed feature.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lori, the software will always select a unit, but you can change the selection when/if they move in. At this time there's no plan to change this functionality but the developers always welcome new ideas. Thanks for your input!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - the lead to lease is too cumbersome to use.  I have tried - but it is much easier to simply put the information down in the calendar as a "wait list" item.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Lori, the software will always select a unit, but you can change the selection when/if they move in. At this time there's no plan to change this functionality but the developers always welcome new ideas. Thanks for your input!
    Sue they need to seriously rework the entire Lead to Lease function. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to not have to click a specific unit just a size and when a unit came available that size it would show an alert
  • SimplySpace
    It would be nice to not have to click a specific unit just a size and when a unit came available that size it would show an alert
    My thoughts exactly!
  • SimplySpace
    My thoughts exactly!
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have constant waiting lists, you aren't charging enough!!!!

LOL :p
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    If you have constant waiting lists, you aren't charging enough!!!!

LOL :p
    So true!  I keep raising the rent and they keep coming!  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • SharonB
    SharonB Registered User
    I posted a waiting list option incorrectly yesterday.  I make a unit called Office if I do not have the size a customer needs and they want to be on the waiting list for it I enter their name and phone information, Select office as the unit.  In the Company name I enter the size they are waiting for (that will show up on the lead to lease screen.) Its easy to see that information when you check to see what you are waiting for.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I put everyone in the Lead to Lease, even if we don't have the size available.  If I have a unit come open, I just open leads and sort by size.  The date entered is right there.  I just start calling oldest first, within the last couple of months, that I just had (size needed) open up. Give an hour or two to respond, then on to the next in line.  
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put everyone in the Lead to Lease, even if we don't have the size available.  If I have a unit come open, I just open leads and sort by size.  The date entered is right there.  I just start calling oldest first, within the last couple of months, that I just had (size needed) open up. Give an hour or two to respond, then on to the next in line.  
    This is exactly what we do, too.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    @AnitaJohnson1269 this is what we do except we call them all in order and tell them its first come first serve. If they want to they can rent with us over the phone. We never hold anything too many people come in looking for storages in my area to waste time holding and then they don't show up.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads