What kind of stickers do you use on the locks? Where on the lock do you put them?

What kind of stickers do you use on the locks?  I like this idea.  Do you use color coded stickers for certain tenants or units

Answers

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use color coded disc locks, not stickers... Overlocks are red(keyed alike) Vacant units are yellow(keyed alike) Auction locks are Blue(keyed alike) The tenant has their own personal disc lock.
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    I like @skinman 's idea.  Our facility has one universal red lock that we use to overlock tenants with, lock vacant units and auctions with.  
    1833 Registered User ✭✭
    we use the padlock seals yellow means needs cleaned or maintenance, green clean and ready to rent and red is for auction units
  • weedpuller1
    weedpuller1 Registered User
    That is a great idea, it beats my spreadsheet of all the units thats time consuming to run thru.  Thank you

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red locks = overlocked units | Yellow locks/tags are vacants for us. I used to have a property under me that on every customers lock he would place a green round sticker and I asked him about it as it was the first time I had ever seen it done and his explanation made perfect sense but I could never get other stores on the same page. He said this way he can go down aisles and easily recognize if a lock has been changed so for instance someone has broken into a unit and placed a new lock on the unit to make it look normal so they can come back again later. Anytime he would not see a sticker he would contact the tenant to inquire if they changed locks.
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Red Locks are Over locks for us. Red Tags are Auction Units. White Zip Ties for Vacant Units, simple on this one. 
  • Iamkathleen
    Iamkathleen Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Green for vacant.  Red for overlocked.  Yellow for maintenance. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads