What kind of stickers do you use on the locks? Where on the lock do you put them?

Options
What kind of stickers do you use on the locks?  I like this idea.  Do you use color coded stickers for certain tenants or units

Answers

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We use color coded disc locks, not stickers... Overlocks are red(keyed alike) Vacant units are yellow(keyed alike) Auction locks are Blue(keyed alike) The tenant has their own personal disc lock.
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like @skinman 's idea.  Our facility has one universal red lock that we use to overlock tenants with, lock vacant units and auctions with.  
    1833 Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    we use the padlock seals yellow means needs cleaned or maintenance, green clean and ready to rent and red is for auction units
  • weedpuller1
    weedpuller1 Registered User
    Options
    That is a great idea, it beats my spreadsheet of all the units thats time consuming to run thru.  Thank you

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Red locks = overlocked units | Yellow locks/tags are vacants for us. I used to have a property under me that on every customers lock he would place a green round sticker and I asked him about it as it was the first time I had ever seen it done and his explanation made perfect sense but I could never get other stores on the same page. He said this way he can go down aisles and easily recognize if a lock has been changed so for instance someone has broken into a unit and placed a new lock on the unit to make it look normal so they can come back again later. Anytime he would not see a sticker he would contact the tenant to inquire if they changed locks.
  • storagestation603
    storagestation603 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Red Locks are Over locks for us. Red Tags are Auction Units. White Zip Ties for Vacant Units, simple on this one. 
  • Iamkathleen
    Iamkathleen Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Green for vacant.  Red for overlocked.  Yellow for maintenance. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads