NSF

websterb
websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
Trivial question...........How do you turn off the "flashing" NSF symbol on the tenant's payment screen. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Go to ledger settings from the payment screen and uncheck the box under account that's marked

"Had NSF Check"

You then of course have to hit ok and yes you want to save the entry
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Thanks skinman!! Kind of embarrassing as to how simple it was! Nice profile picture by the way.......

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries... It's not embarrassing at all... tons of functions and easy to overlook something like that.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    Go to ledger settings from the payment screen and uncheck the box under account that's marked

"Had NSF Check"

You then of course have to hit ok and yes you want to save the entry

• JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Unless it is important for your staff to know that the tenant has had an NSF transaction.  Many businesses require cash only after NSF.  This "flashing warning" serves a good purpose!

• skinman
    edited October 2018
    I agree @JulieA

That being said, you can still get rid of the annoying flashing NSF if it really bothers you and still alert your staff by going to the tenant info screen from their payment screen, on the primary tab you can check the box
     " Do Not Accept Checks"

Then if your staff tries to take a check, when they go to the drop down and select check as the payment source, "No checks" appears in red where the check number is normally entered.

• JulieA
    Help me out with Primary Tab!  Can't find that or any box Do Not Accept Checks!
  • skinman
    edited October 2018
    From their payment screen, Go to the screen where you update tenant info/ address
    On the next screen, the primary tab,  to the right you can check:

Do not accept checks
    Never lock out of gate
    Always lock out of gate

check the box and hit OK
  • skinman
    Pretty handy, then I just put a note on the payment screen that the tenant must pay by cash or cc as well.
  • JulieA
    Gotcha- Edit Address - Primary!

• websterb
    Thanks everyone! I learned a few more little tricks. Love Storage Forum, now I don't have to always call Site Link with little issues like these!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads