Marketing Tips

Hi!  I'm wondering if I could get some input on marketing tips.  We are a locally owned facility, located on a major highway in Powhatan VA.  In recent years Powhatan has seen substantial growth and we're no longer strictly an agricultural community.   There are a few small storage facilities that are no competition and also have one chain facility 5 miles from us.

Will you please share some of your marketing/advertising tips?  We are currently partnered with Sparefoot and have a website through StorEdge. 

Thanks!!

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much of our traffic comes from internet search, followed by word of mouth and repeat tenant. We ask people to write honest reviews on Google or Yelp, and that really seems to help keep us more visible on the internet. Just make sure to check any reviews once in a while and respond to any negative ones.
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    @themage I tend not to ask people to use Yelp. I've found that whenever someone has a five star experience, Yelp will nearly always bury that review behind one that's even slightly lower. It's very aggravating to have all the good reviews hidden behind one bad/mediocre experience from 5+ years ago. I prefer to talk up Google.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yelp is a joke as far as i'm concerned... Feel like it's modeled after the gaming industry and is a "pay to win" mentality. I'll stick to google and even facebook reviews before I push for yelp. We show 3 reviews on yelp that they "Suggest" yet we have over 30 "not recommended" that are all glowing reviews we didn't even ask have to ask for. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, Yelp's algorithm is a bit strange. We just wanted to offer an alternative to Google.
  • Clyde_Lord_Jr
    Clyde_Lord_Jr Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭
    Do you have the ability to put signs or banners out by the road? Something that can draw attention to specials or anything? Maybe one of those triangle signs maybe? A moving van with your company name on the side that can sit in the parking lot when not in use? Those are a few passive suggestions I've seen work.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you reached out to local real estate/ property mgt. offices? We get a lot of referrals from Real Estate peoples & rental agencies, usually from people new/ moving to the area.

Just beware of Real Estate Agent calls that start out with "...I'd like to pre pay a unit for 2 months for these tenants of ours, after which they will be paying for it...."

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads