Declined Payment (Reason Code: 100)

GSS
GSS Registered User ✭✭✭
Has anyone encountered an issue when someone tries to make  payment online but that transaction would get declined and under notes it says "Reason code: 100". 

What does this exactly mean? 

Comments

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told that (that) reason code 100 is just a generic for "declined" and doesn't mean anything, other than the card was declined.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a single customer issue they should contact their bank if they truly think they have the money in the account and should be able to pay without issue. Sometimes I will log in as a customer to test the payment system when people report issues and just run a penny charge on my personal card then reverse it if it goes through no problem. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    I have had new customers get declined even though they have money in the account. They call the bank and ok it and then it goes through the next time we run it. 
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    So reason code 100 usually only pops up when the card is rarely used for online purchases, in my experience. Apparently Sitelink registers as an online payment, and some banks will auto-decline the card unless the customer ok's it
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    I have had new customers get declined even though they have money in the account. They call the bank and ok it and then it goes through the next time we run it. 

Some banks will block transactions if it's something out of the norm from the customers purchase patterns  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads