Multiple Unit Payment Warning Setup

Options
I have several sites I manage, and one of the sites warns you if you're about to make a payment on one unit for a tenant with multiple units. How can I set this up at other sites? I don't see it in the site settings. 
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is something that happens automatically any time you make a payment for one unit instead of all units when the payment is larger than what will pay just the single selected unit.
  • ChristinW
    ChristinW Registered User
    Options
    But it didn't show up on one of my sites and now I've got to correct the double payment :neutral:
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @ChristinW
    if both units rented are not due yet it will take the whole payment on the due unit. You always have to make sure you are clicking the unit number off to the side to take one payment and then again to do another. Are the units linked?
  • ChristinW
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yes, the two units are linked, and neither of them were due until the first. The customer was pre-paying. @CVSSSTORAGE
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @ChristinW it unfortunately does that if the units aren't due yet also. I have a tenant due on the 15th and the 20th for two units she just comes in on the 21st to make her payment so there are no mess ups. I haven't had someone try to pre pay on multiple units that were both due to see if it puts the proper amount to both units
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    How did you correct the double payment @ChristinW ??
  • ChristinW
    Options
    @Robyn - Historically we've been just manually crediting the 2nd unit, then re-applying the rent charges back to the 1st. However, I have read on other conversations here that if your credit card processing company is not directly connected to your SiteLink, you can delete the payment from the ledger, then manually enter the payments separately using the original authorization code from the first transaction. I feel like that's a much better solution, but it's not the one my boss wanted me to use, so we still do it the "credit/charge" way. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    Options
    I learned a new trick at last weeks ask the expert webinar. I asked how to take one payment for both units and all you do is click on the unit not due yet and click the add future charges button and then click all units and take the payment for both units it puts the payments where they need to go =)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads