Payment Screen Edit Auto Bill Disable Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imbus
Imbus Registered User ✭✭
edited September 2020 in SiteLink General Discussions
So i just talk to Sitelink and they said they are disabling the option to edit a person auto payment info in the accounts/payment screen/ledger setting/auto bill edit. You must now go to customer/tenant then highlight name in blue and hit credit card. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would you remove this option. Now if I'm on the phone with a tenant i have to go to customer/tenant/credit , enter their new info then go back to payment screen and take their payment. This make no since to add these extra steps. Your software has been like this since 2011 and why would you change it to this now. He told me that managers from other locations in US were requesting this and i would like to know why they would want this request. Also i think if your taking requests for changes in your software why wouldn't you send out a poll to district managers and see the feedback before changes are made to your software.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.  I can still access it from the customer payment page. I wonder how much longer that will last!
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    heres a pics
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    edited September 2020
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    heres a pics
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that just stinks!  I'll be thankful mine hasn't changed for as long as it lasts!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Mine still works.  This change - if it comes to me - is going to really start making me quesion if anyone is even REMOTELY listening to the people who actually USE THE SYSTEM!!  With all of these changes with Sitelink / Storable, I hope they start paying attention to the "little" people. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    … and another thing.  "He told me that managers from other locations in US were requesting this."  I'm sorry.  I'm not buying this.  Why in the H E double-toothpicks would that matter to any manager.  Please also tell me how ANY manager got ahold of someone in Sitelink to change this feature?!?  I could rattle off a top-ten list of USEFUL feature changes that I have been asking for that for years have been ignored. 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Like maybe emails going out automatically, with the right email attached.   
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    … and another thing.  "He told me that managers from other locations in US were requesting this."  I'm sorry.  I'm not buying this.  Why in the H E double-toothpicks would that matter to any manager.  Please also tell me how ANY manager got ahold of someone in Sitelink to change this feature?!?  I could rattle off a top-ten list of USEFUL feature changes that I have been asking for that for years have been ignored. 

I have a list also that has been ignored!  I also was told they aren't interested in tweaking/changing SLWE.  All efforts are going in to Hub and other things. 

• YevetteM
    YevetteM Registered User
    Any new updates to this? The exact same thing is happening to us. Did they really do this on purpose?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random thought, is it maybe something someone in your company tweaked a setting on? I know in security levels there is a checkbox for credit card/ach under Billing. Not sure if that being off might cause the issue? Too lazy to create a fake employee to test it myself lol
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    Nope i'm the DM for the company and have full access to everything. Also no updates 
  • CoffeeZilla
    CoffeeZilla Registered User ✭✭✭
    I can still use it here, are you sure you have Admin permissions in Sitelink?
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I can still use it as well. 
  • YevetteM
    YevetteM Registered User
    Orkocean said:
    Random thought, is it maybe something someone in your company tweaked a setting on? I know in security levels there is a checkbox for credit card/ach under Billing. Not sure if that being off might cause the issue? Too lazy to create a fake employee to test it myself lol

I am the only admin. No one else has access to change anything. Was working on Sunday, then suddenly not working on Monday. Tried live update. Deleted the local database. It will not work, on 3 separate computers. Also it can't be a permissions issue, since the change can be made under credit card on the tenants screen. It's just the ledger settings screen under edit auto bill that it doesn't work. My employees are complaining because it is twice as cumbersome to to go in and out of multiple screens to update a credit card.

• JEFFRY
    JEFFRY Registered User ✭✭✭
    for our company here in the last frontier is the same, if i remember correctly it started a month and a half or so ago. first the problem was that it would not let us change the expiration without changing the whole card numbers, then it would not show all the credit card numbers when taking the payment, then a little after we could not change anything regarding the credit card without going out and into the "tenants" button at the home page. it is truly annoying and every one of the managers hate the change so i dont think it was someone in our offices.
  • MamaDuke7
    I suspect it has to do with the new forced card processing through Sitelink only.  That means mine will change in November!
  • CoffeeZilla
    CoffeeZilla Registered User ✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    I suspect it has to do with the new forced card processing through Sitelink only.  That means mine will change in November!
    Oh no, what's all this about?
  • MamaDuke7
    CoffeeZilla said:  Oh no, what's all this about?
    If you don't already use Sitelink Merchant Services or Select Merchant Services, you will be migrated over to them.  This is being done in phases, and you will be notified when your change is scheduled.  They will no longer support 3rd party payment processing. GRRRR!
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for reference, we have been using Sitelink Merchant Services for quite a while now, and we have not seen the issue originally posted. But perhaps it does have something to do with the forced changeover itself.

We did run into this problem years ago, but it was quickly solved, I think by adjusting the security level settings like @Orkocean suggested.

• GoGreen
    GoGreen Registered User ✭✭✭
    We also had this change take effect recently after we started using Sitelink Merchant Services. Very frustrating. Also it won't show the full card number anymore, and it usually deletes the card information when changing the expiration date or anything, so we have to get ALL the information again from tenants rather than just their new expiration date. Feels like it wastes our time after how efficient we were before all these changes.
  • JulieAton
    GoGreen said:
    We also had this change take effect recently after we started using Sitelink Merchant Services. Very frustrating. Also it won't show the full card number anymore, and it usually deletes the card information when changing the expiration date or anything, so we have to get ALL the information again from tenants rather than just their new expiration date. Feels like it wastes our time after how efficient we were before all these changes.
    I do NOT want to change from my processing company.  It seems SL said this would make things easier and it sounds like it is a nightmare.  Guess I need to start shopping for a different program.  Any suggestions? 

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoGreen said:
    It wont show the full CC # in sitelink? Check the settings as there is a checkbox specifically for showing full CC #'s or just the last 4. 
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    GoGreen said:
    It wont show the full CC # in sitelink? Check the settings as there is a checkbox specifically for showing full CC #'s or just the last 4. 
    It's a permissions setting, I recently had my regional manager allow it. 
  • MamaDuke7
    Orkocean said:
    From what I'm reading for our required switch next month, there is no choice with the Sitelink processing.  The number is always hidden, no matter what the settings are.
  • i43storage
    @Ashley_D --- maybe you would like to read this to get a better idea of what some users are up against.  Thank you.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    I have confirmed that this happens when you get switched to Storable Payments.  We switched today and now we can't update in the Ledger Settings anymore.  What a ridiculous hassle!
  • MamaDuke7
    I brought this up on the Ask the Expert call today.  He said they are very aware of the issue and that the majority of their programmers are focused on Storable Payments at this time.  Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all. Amy C. here, your new moderator. I wanted to chime in on this thread to communicate that your feedback has been seen and our teams are developing this feature. While I don't have exact timing, they'll enable it so you'll be able to edit auto payment info in the ledger/payment screen (instead of having to go to the tenant screen).
  • i43storage
    @storable_support  Hello Amy C!  Welcome! 
    I, for one, am VERY happy to have you here on the forum.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all. Amy C. here, your new moderator. I wanted to chime in on this thread to communicate that your feedback has been seen and our teams are developing this feature. While I don't have exact timing, they'll enable it so you'll be able to edit auto payment info in the ledger/payment screen (instead of having to go to the tenant screen).
    Welcome Amy! 
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    now storable payments added ach get returns to the reminder screen even when you don't use ach payments.
    One more reason I'm going to leave storable payments here soon and go back to my old credit card processor if these 2 changes don't get removed!!
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    Also I talk to Storable and they told me that the fix for editing the credit card in the payment screen was 1 year out before being fix and implemented!!!!!!!!!!
  • storable_support
    Hi @Imbus, I know you were able to speak with Kristin about this already, but I wanted to make sure we closed the loop here and provided others on the thread with some answers too. Our Support and Product Teams have been briefed on your feedback about this reminder screen. While you can ignore it, since you don’t use ACH payments, we understand that this isn’t ideal for you and your business. We’ll make sure this is considered as we determine our product roadmap. In the meantime, we greatly appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We’d hate to lose you as a customer. If there are other opportunities for us to do more for you — you can message me at (@storable_support) or reach back out to Kristin, and we’ll make sure to connect you accordingly. Thank you, Amy C. 

• BlacksburgSS
    BlacksburgSS Registered User ✭✭
    This change is SO bad truly the worst change iv ever seen on sitelink in at least 12 years. The more people complain about this issue the faster something will get resolved. 
  • storable_support
    @BlacksburgSS, I'll be sure to pass your feedback along too. Feel free to PM me with any specifics as I'd love to include them as well. :)
  • Climateguard
    Climateguard Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    I too have found this to be annoying and useless and are speaking for my employees also.
  • storable_support
    Hello, just wanted to make sure everyone on this thread was aware that this was released:

https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/3142/storable-payments-2021-release-notes
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, just wanted to make sure everyone on this thread was aware that this was released:

https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/3142/storable-payments-2021-release-notes

Yeahhh .. that JUST the expiration date. Which is great, but doesn't address the OP's post. I think part of the issue is how the search functions work off of the "tenants" screen... basically it sucks. You really need to know the accounts unit number to find them, then you have to select..etc etc...  Its a huge mess from a workflow standpoint!

The "reenter entire card number" fiasco was really bad, especially if you hung up with a tenant, then had to call back to get their entire number again, so I'm glad that's fixed...now please figure out the rest?

• ronsmate
    ronsmate Registered User
    We type the full credit card number in the notes. So we have a reference point. And/or on the Tenant Note line on the payment screen (in red)
  • JulieAton
    ronsmate said:
    We type the full credit card number in the notes. So we have a reference point. And/or on the Tenant Note line on the payment screen (in red)

Is that safe?
  • JulieAton
    I am having way to many customers with comprised card to feel safe with any of this.  Many customers have told me I am the only one that has the card number.  I am beginning to wonder if it is really safe in SL to keep the customers card numbers.
  • MamaDuke7
    JulieAton said:
    I am having way to many customers with comprised card to feel safe with any of this.  Many customers have told me I am the only one that has the card number.  I am beginning to wonder if it is really safe in SL to keep the customers card numbers.
    What people don't like is the fact that the card number is more secure now with Storable Payments.  We can no longer have access to the entire card number.

I would NEVER save the number in the notes.  Too many people can access that and it's not secure!

Yes, it is more of a hassle to have to go over to the Tenants screen and update the card info and back to the payment screen to complete the payment.  But customers are understanding, especially if I just say the new more secure system takes a couple extra steps.

But we are no longer keeping the entire card number anywhere.  Now it's securely tokenized.
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    ronsmate said:
    I'm pretty sure we would be fired at our facility if we put a tenants cc # in their notes
  • i43storage
    Faye said:

I'm pretty sure we would be fired at our facility if we put a tenants cc # in their notes
    I would hope so.  (Not that I want you fired B) ).
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • LCNM88012
    LCNM88012 Registered User
    Hello. Have not seen any recent updates as to why the Auto Bill Edit button was disabled. And if and when it will get enabled again. This original posting just got buried by all the postings and never clearly answered. Thanks
  • storable_support
    Hi, @LCNM88012. Thanks for commenting here and providing us with the opportunity to give an update. We are enabling the ability to edit the credit card number in the ledger settings on 5/4, we'll be announcing it more formally closer to that date. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and patience! 
  • Imbus
    Imbus Registered User ✭✭
    update  ? its 5/4
  • MamaDuke7
    Imbus said:
    update  ? its 5/4
    If you force a Live Update, you will be able to edit from the payment screen now!
  • storable_support
    Hi, @Imbus. Yes, @MamaDuke7 is correct! The release is complete and you will need to run a live update. Here's a link to the release notes: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/3142/storable-payments-2021-release-notes Thank you for everyone's patience on this one! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads