Authorized to Access

Dani
Dani Registered User
Hi, we recently switched to Sitelink from Space Control. On Space Control we had a place to list Authorized Access, people we can give the gate code to if the tenant is not there. Is there a place in Sitelink to do that besides the Tenant notes and without having to use the alternative or additional?

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    yes... you can actually add multiple people to any unit and assign them their own gate code to better track who is actually coming and going. if it's simply a spouse or family member the tenant wants to have full access.. I just make the signing tenant be present when adding them, scan their ID and make a note on the payment screen.

There are a couple of steps to do in order to add someone with their own code to a unit, but it's really easy.
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then that new person shows up on the access tab on the payment screen for that unit with their code visible.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    yes... you can actually add multiple people to any unit and assign them their own gate code to better track who is actually coming and going. if it's simply a spouse or family member the tenant wants to have full access.. I just make the signing tenant be present when adding them, scan their ID and make a note on the payment screen.

There are a couple of steps to do in order to add someone with their own code to a unit, but it's really easy.

Also, keep in mind - your gate software has to support that feature, and not all of them do. If you can't access that menu in SiteLink, your gate software does not allow other authorized users. 
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Do all Site Link software users have the ability to add multiple people and separate codes?
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sue_Community - Is that in the "Gate Access" section in a tenant account? I know you can authorize other existing account codes to access a unit; can you also add "non-tenants" as well?

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    websterb said:
    Do all Site Link software users have the ability to add multiple people and separate codes?
    @websterbSiteLink users who have clearance to the Access menu from the Operations screen are able to do this. 
  • Sue_C

@Sue_Community - Is that in the "Gate Access" section in a tenant account? I know you can authorize other existing account codes to access a unit; can you also add "non-tenants" as well?

@teamcapitola, yes that's in the Gate Access section, and you can add non-tenants. Hope this helps!
  • websterb
    websterb Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    @Sue_Community.. I want to make sure I understand the process. I have tenants that want to give access to a family member, friend or whomever, but want them to have their own gate access code. The process is ( with my Site Link and PTI gate system) I go to Access, desiginate tenant I want to add member to, fill in the blanks, generate that member a access code, and make sure it updates in PTI? This links member to the main tenant, but he has a seperate code?
  • Sue_C
    Hi @websterb, I'm going to hand this off to Garrett in customer service - he's going to have the most precise answer so stay tuned...:)
  • skinman
    edited February 2018
    I'll let Garret answer..LOL
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Hi @websterb,

To add another authorized user to a current tenant, go to Operations -> Access, select the tenant in question and click Next. To enter a new person click the +Add button at the bottom of the screen, fill in the person's contact information and click OK to save. Click the Add-> button next to attach the new person to the current tenant's account and click OK to save. This will send an update to your gate software with the new information. 

If you need any assistance with this please contact our technical support department at 919-865-0789 ext 2 and one of our technicians would be happy to walk through the process with you. 
  • skinman
    edited February 2018
    I'm too long winded
  • Sue_C
    @skinman, I thought your answer was great! ...and then it was gone...:) Thanks for posting it anyway. @websterb, I hope this answers your question, and @Dani too - hope this helps =)
  • skinman
    Garrett was much more precise...some things should be left to the professionals..LOL
  • spur439
    spur439 Registered User
    Hi @websterb,

To add another authorized user to a current tenant, go to Operations -> Access, select the tenant in question and click Next. To enter a new person click the +Add button at the bottom of the screen, fill in the person's contact information and click OK to save. Click the Add-> button next to attach the new person to the current tenant's account and click OK to save. This will send an update to your gate software with the new information. 

If you need any assistance with this please contact our technical support department at 919-865-0789 ext 2 and one of our technicians would be happy to walk through the process with you. 
    Why is the Other Authorized Gate Access grayed out and not able to click the add button?
  • Garrett_Boone
    Garrett_Boone SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    This option is only available when using a gate software that supports the feature. If you are interfacing with a software that does not support it, it will be grayed out in SiteLink. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads