Adding fees

Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
I'm trying to set up my work with their first ever storage software.
I have a few questions I'm hoping can be easily answered.

1. When I take a payment and they are giving me more rent then is owed because I do not have change, a screen pops up and says "The amount you entered is too large. You are attempting to prepay....."  How do I go about taking a $70 payment for an account that only currently owes $65.00?

2. Tenants rent is due on the 1st of the month. Tenants are given a 10 day grace period. On the 11th of the month a late fee of $20.00 is added and notice is sent out.  Does Sitelink automatically add the $20 fee and place them as "late" on the 11th? Another example is when tenants are in Lien Sale at 51  days late, I need to add a $50 lien sale fee, is this added automatically or do I need to manually do anthing?

3. Why is there a button for "add merchandise" on some of my tenants screens but not other tenants?

Comments

• skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. When it asks you if you want to take a prepayment, say yes... it will automatically pay the overage towards the next month's rent.

2. If you go into their tenant ledger settings you can set up a fee schedule for your tenants so the late fee is automatically charged to the account on whatever day you desire. As far as lien sale fees, there is an entire process we follow. The actual sale fee is not charged until the date of the sale. I charge a cut lock fee and an inventory fee manually before that if they miss the last day to pay that we give them.

it sounds like you need to set up your fee structure for your tenants. What fees you are going to charge and when. You can do a tenant merchandise purchase, through their actual account. An example would be say a lock. Our insurance if a tenant purchases a lock and it show's in the system, and they have insurance through our 3rd party... if something happened, IE break in, weather incident etc... There would be no deductible since they purchased a lock from me...

If they purchase our insurance and no lock... it's a $100 deductible.

Plus it makes things easier if a tenant comes in to pay their rent and then decides to purchase some boxes...you can charge and do it all from their payment screen
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Robyn!

1.  If you take a $70 payment, the remainder will automatically be placed on future rent (unless you are accepting cash as Sitelink allows you to give cash back);
    2.  Yes, Sitelink will automatically add the $20 late fee if that is what you have it set to do.  You can direct Sitelink to add any fee automatically or automatically when a specific letter is generated - just need to set that up;
    3.  You should have an "add merchandise" for every tenant.  If the tenant has one or more units rented, the button will not show up until you select one of the units.

Hope that helps a little.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also recommend you and your owner take the site link courses for daily. advanced and administrator certifications. This software is pretty easy to use, but there multiple ways around the barn.. Depending on how you are set up...some functions you need may not be accessible to you..
  • Robyn
    Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Where would I find the courses at??? 
  • skinman
    I can't post a link for you without approval? 

On the front page go to the site link certified professional discussion
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Robyn! Go to training.sitelink.com to get started. Enjoy!
  • Robyn
    I signed up for it yesterday mid afternoon.  Just waiting on them to send me the confirmation email. I have been checking my spam/junk folder and still nothing. 

• skinman
    They have a great demo mode you can run when you are slow to practice and learn functions as well.  
  • Adrienne_Danyel
    Adrienne_Danyel Registered User ✭✭✭
    skinman said:
    They have a great demo mode you can run when you are slow to practice and learn functions as well.  
    Skinman how do you log into the demo?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change all the login information to DEMO. corp code/location code/login/password

Just be mindful if it's the only computer you have for the site you would have to close it and re-open sitelink with your proper site information should a tenant come in as you can't run two different corporation codes at once.
  • skinman
    edited March 2018
    Orkocean said:
    Just change all the login information to DEMO. corp code/location code/login/password

Just be mindful if it's the only computer you have for the site you would have to close it and re-open sitelink with your proper site information should a tenant come in as you can't run two different corporation codes at once.
    That's one thing I wish they could change. I can open two different locations of site link on the same computer, but can't have demo open and my facility at the same time. While I like folks to get a hands on approach during training, if it's slow it would be nice to be able for them to have the demo open on one screen while they have the facility open on the other. Then if it's dead that day they could practice move ins and outs, transfers, taking payments etc... Should a customer happen to come in I wouldn't have to log out and back in to my facility.
  • Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robyn said:
    I signed up for it yesterday mid afternoon.  Just waiting on them to send me the confirmation email. I have been checking my spam/junk folder and still nothing. 

@Robyn, are you able to log in to the training yet? Let me know if you still didn't get a confirmation. We had some SCP server issues and it wasn't sending out certain emails.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skinman have your considered using the "test" server? Maybe I've just been lucky as every place I've worked has one in our corp code but I assume all corp codes have one. My last company it was Ltest and this one is Lsetup. It's what I use when training someone and I don't want to chance them making a critical error on a live account. I also use it when I made videos/guides so I can do whatever process I need without effecting anyone. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @orkocean... what is this test server you speak of?  I know about the DEMO mode, but would love to have a test environment tailored to my site rather than the generic demo site.
  • Orkocean
    @teamcapitola as I said I'm not 100% sure if that's something every corporate code has or maybe it's just the 2 different companies I've worked for have it for a fee perhaps? But either way both companies I've worked with my DM's didn't even know about it and I had to show it to them afterwards *same as scheduling reports via CC but that's another topic* . I would see it when pulling reports in corporate control for sites and noticed a site location code such as "Lsetup" or "Ltest" so I did what I always do, got nosey and made myself a login for it and started using it lol. 
  • Sue_C
    skinman said:
    1. When it asks you if you want to take a prepayment, say yes... it will automatically pay the overage towards the next month's rent.

2. If you go into their tenant ledger settings you can set up a fee schedule for your tenants so the late fee is automatically charged to the account on whatever day you desire. As far as lien sale fees, there is an entire process we follow. The actual sale fee is not charged until the date of the sale. I charge a cut lock fee and an inventory fee manually before that if they miss the last day to pay that we give them.

it sounds like you need to set up your fee structure for your tenants. What fees you are going to charge and when. You can do a tenant merchandise purchase, through their actual account. An example would be say a lock. Our insurance if a tenant purchases a lock and it show's in the system, and they have insurance through our 3rd party... if something happened, IE break in, weather incident etc... There would be no deductible since they purchased a lock from me...

If they purchase our insurance and no lock... it's a $100 deductible.

Plus it makes things easier if a tenant comes in to pay their rent and then decides to purchase some boxes...you can charge and do it all from their payment screen

Hi Robyn!

1.  If you take a $70 payment, the remainder will automatically be placed on future rent (unless you are accepting cash as Sitelink allows you to give cash back);
    2.  Yes, Sitelink will automatically add the $20 late fee if that is what you have it set to do.  You can direct Sitelink to add any fee automatically or automatically when a specific letter is generated - just need to set that up;
    3.  You should have an "add merchandise" for every tenant.  If the tenant has one or more units rented, the button will not show up until you select one of the units.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads