Refunded credit card didn't process?

storallgsa
storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Hi everyone!

I went through and processed a credit card refund (after the close day), via the NSF screen. About a week went by, and I received a call from the customer that the money was never put back on her card.

I double checked the CC processor website (we use Payeezy), and it doesn't show the payment was ever refunded. Should I have processed the refund from there as well?

What happened was the customer was on autopay and had moved out the day before autopay was ran, and we didn't catch it before running the payments. Unfortunately, we had already closed the day out at the end of the day before we realized we hadn't moved the customer out before processing the payments. I probably should have just refunded the money on the moveout screen, but I didn't. I refunded it before I moved the customer out by doing a NSF reversal.

Please help. LOL.

Comments

• Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with your CC processor but we have to actually go into our processors website and refund through them as well. I hope this helps

• storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Faye said:
    I'm not familiar with your CC processor but we have to actually go into our processors website and refund through them as well. I hope this helps

Our processor is the one SiteLink uses? Or the one that they work with or something lol. This is the first time someone has told me that the refund didn't go through, but now I am wondering if I processed others and the customers just didn't tell me?

I just went into the CC processor website and processed the refund directly. I am certain that this is probably a two step process and I just missed the second part.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads