TV / Cable Marketing

teamcapitola
teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

We recently had a Comcast rep come by and present packages for advertising (TV, streaming, etc.) that while sounding really great, was also very expensive.

Anyone have any experience or feedback with the ROI on Cable advertising? 

I could see the benefits for companies with multiple locations (within a city), but can a single location actually realize returns to justify such a large expense?

Also we really need to target a certain size unit (5x5), rather than the facility as a whole.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a local rep do the same for us awhile back and I actually thought it would of been good for us as we hovered around 70% occupancy year over year and just couldn't gain any ground. We were in a small old school town at the time and the pricing was actually pretty good. The owner was spending more to sponsor events and have our "marketing" girl go sit at a table which meant all she did was bring her kids and not do any actual work. Depending on what pricing they offered you and if you have an actual need for spending the $$ to market based on your occupancy levels would be what I would look at. With the prices the rep discussed with us we were looking at a couple bucks a day avg for if I remember it was like 12 commercials during prime time hours. But as I Said that was a small old school town so might be why the pricing was so low, we saw numerous local small businesses using the spots as we'd see their commercials all the time when we watched tv. I'd be curious if anyone has ever used it as well to see what kind of response they got as i've always wondered what it may of done for us.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We recently had a commercial made to show at the movie theater in town.  We only have one movie theater in the area, so everyone gets to see our commercial three times before any movie starts.  :)  It was a lot cheaper than t.v.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @i43storage, definitely report back with what kind of feedback it gets. We only have 1 theater in this town as well other than the seasonal drive in theater.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orkocean said:
    Very nice @i43storage, definitely report back with what kind of feedback it gets. We only have 1 theater in this town as well other than the seasonal drive in theater.

I keep raising the rents - and we keep getting full.  Something's working.  :-)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Orkocean
    @i43storage if you don't mind sharing a round about figure of what your total costs were to put together the ad and have it put at the theater? We have 2 stores here in this town so may try talking the owners into it for the both of us so they can split the costs between stores. Going to the theater on our day off tomorrow to see a movie and see if they even do it here and who I would need to get ahold of if so.
  • i43storage
    @Orkocean It was around $1K for 4 months shown 3 times before every single movie playing at the theater.  That included the creation of the commercial which we are allowed to place on our website/facebook, etc.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Movie Theater idea... Much more than the cable ads actually.

The cost for (our) cable pitch was in the 2k per month range, which eclipses what we spend for any other marketing by a huge margin.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads