Customer Account Address Changes

I notice that when a customer changes their address online, it creates a note that shows that they have done so, which is great.

However, the address shown in the note is the OLD address.  This can be helpful, but for legal reasons, we need to be able to document the NEW legal address.  Is Sitelink looking to add this soon?

In the meantime, what are you doing in order to have legal documentation of the address change?  Currently, I am having my managers print the email showing the address change and stapling it to a "Change of Address" form so that the new address is attached to the address change. 

Comments

• dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    We don't allow customers to update their address online for legal reasons. California says that it has to be in writing so that's what we do. 

I do think that stapling the email and filings it in their file is a good solution. It never hurts to have that written proof if need be.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We allow them to update their address online, as well (along with in office and via email). We also just print out the paper that shows they changed it and put it in their file. I suppose they don't also note their new address in the notes due to it being in the tenant info section? However, it could come in handy when you're looking at chain of events of address changes.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbudgen said:
    We don't allow customers to update their address online for legal reasons. California says that it has to be in writing so that's what we do. 

I do think that stapling the email and filings it in their file is a good solution. It never hurts to have that written proof if need be.

Ditto
  • Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    The new legal address by default is the current address on the tenant record. SiteLink stores the old address for informational purposes. As others mentioned if you are allowing tenants to change their address online you should follow up with a change of address form or something similar for the tenant to sign. You can always incorporate an eSign document for the tenant to digitally sign. 
  • pammerjammer1964
    pammerjammer1964 Registered User
    Is it sitelink letting this happen or some other entity?  I had to pull a tenant out of auction because they changed their address online and it did not match.  Sure it was in their notes but when you have 30 or 40 going to auction it is not easy catching an address that is different by one digit.  Luckily I caught it 2 days before the auction.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it sitelink letting this happen or some other entity?  I had to pull a tenant out of auction because they changed their address online and it did not match.  Sure it was in their notes but when you have 30 or 40 going to auction it is not easy catching an address that is different by one digit.  Luckily I caught it 2 days before the auction.  
    It's a website setting thru SiteLink. I have yet to be able to figure out how to disable it. If we have record in the tenant notes that they updated their address online, that makes THEM responsible for that change, not you. Always print out the record when you get the email that they've updated anything, as well.
  • pammerjammer1964
    pammerjammer1964 Registered User
    They should take that setting completely out.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESS said: It's a website setting thru SiteLink. I have yet to be able to figure out how to disable it. 
    It's a Corporate Control setting.
  • ESS
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said: It's a website setting thru SiteLink. I have yet to be able to figure out how to disable it. 
    It's a Corporate Control setting.
    Ahh, that's why I couldn't find it. I log into demo mode to see what's going on in setup since I don't have access, but I never do the corp control

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads