Manual addition to Auction List?

I have a tenant with a balance that is >60 days past due, which should automatically put him on the Auction List.  It did so for four other tenants with >60 day balances.  I have two questions: 1) Why wouldn't this tenant appear on the Auction List like the others, and 2) Is there a way to manually add him to the Auction List so that I can print out the Auction Notice and send it to him?  Thanks!

Answers

• Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Maybe check to see if the box "disable past due events" got checked at some point??
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be various reasons why it isn't showing. Has it been thru the process before and paid out but someone did not reverse a prior auction schedule? It could of had a pre-requisite that's needed in your system missed that schedule auction is looking for. You can always just go to letters and print whatever letters you want for a customer.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure that the required Pre-Lien and Lien have been sent and the correct amount of time after the lien has passed.

Otherwise, the likely reason is what @Orkocean explained.
  • SJust
    SJust Registered User
    Thank you everyone for the quick replies!  I just started using SL and the first day of use was 10/01/2019, so all five of the tenants that should be flagged for an Auction Schedule Notice were entered at the same time and have never been up for auction before.  I do not have any pre-requisites for receiving an Auction Schedule Notice - they just have to be 60 days Past Due.  When I began using the software, I added the balances as of 9/30 as Administrative Adjustments and then the 10/1 rent generated automatically as it should, as did 11/1 and 12/1.  

He made a partial payment on 10/31, but not nearly enough to cover the rent and late fees - would that somehow keep him from being flagged for an Auction Schedule Notice?
  • SJust
    SJust Registered User
    Ok - I just went in, voided his previous three partial payments and re-entered them.  That seemed to change the "Paid Thru" date and pick him up for Auction.  Thanks again to everyone for the help!  
  • ronsmate
    ronsmate Registered User
    when we have a tenant with 2 units, one going to auction and the other current, we auction both to satisfy the debt.  How can I put the second unit for auction? 
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    In Florida you can't.  Each unit stands on its own.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    ronsmate said:
    when we have a tenant with 2 units, one going to auction and the other current, we auction both to satisfy the debt.  How can I put the second unit for auction? 
    In Texas, same as Florida. If the other is current, there's no basis for a lien. If your lease allows, make sure the units are merged together so you can keep them locked out at the gate, due to the past due 2nd unit.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is any way to force a unit into the auction status without processing all the preliminary letters, etc.  And if they're not past due, you can't even force those!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads